Re: [The Lord of the Rings RPG 2] Xelin and Kye

  • kanes_girl2001
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 1, 2002
      Mascatarma glared at Xelin until she was finaly dragged away by Carag
      to the inn, which was populated mainly by hobbits. Mascatarma eyed
      each one threateningly and they had quite some trouble getting a room
      with her suspiscious behaviour. After a while argueing Carag finaly
      managed to sort out a room for them all and he marched Mascatarma
      upstairs and ordered her to sleep. She didn't put up any resistance
      and fell asleep immediatly, with eyes wide open in the typical elf
      way. Carag left them shortly and returned with some soup, he handed
      it out to all except Mascatarma who still slept. He ate his hastily,
      even this thick vegetable soup was tasty compared to the orc meats he
      had been raised on. After finishing his food he sat on the window
      seat and stared out at the Shire, looking sorrowful and troubled.
    • gwenhwyvar_the_ranger
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 1, 2002
        ooc: finally i got through all those posts! sheesh...

        ic: Gwenhwyvar was relieved to finally reach the Shire. Though she
        was happy for Xelin and Kye, she was very disappointed in the way
        Mascatarma behaved when they met Kye. While they stood there
        watching the happy reunion of Xelin and Kye, she was surprised to
        hear Carag tell her that he longed for the same thing. But he also
        said that he didn't believe it was meant for him. That puzzled her,
        why would he think that he should be denied the love of another if it
        was something he desired. She pondered the notion for a moment while
        she followed Carag and Mascatarma to the inn where, after much
        arguing and reassuring of the innkeeper, they got a room and some
        food. The four of them, Carag, Mascatarma, Enil and Gwenhwyvar, sat
        in silence eating soup and making sure Mascatarma stayed asleep.
        After they ate, they made small talk, discussing various aspects of
        Enil's kingdom and the like. Then they lit a fire in the fireplace
        and just stared at it for awhile, each of them deep in their own
        thoughts, all of them wondering what the morning would bring...
      • kanes_girl2001
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 1, 2002
          Carag moved from his window seat and pulled a chair over to the fire
          and warmed his hands above the flame. He looked at Gwenhwyvar
          curiously until he finaly brought himself to ask her what had been
          bothering him, he was afraid that she would take it the wrong way
          though. He took a deep breath and began, "Gwenhwyvar, I must ask you
          something now and I don't want you to feel that I am accusing you of
          anything, for I am not but my curiousity drives me to ask this." He
          paused and ran his fingers through his hair in his usual manner and
          continued, "Why is it that you help myself and Mascatarma. You could
          just leave and live a happy life instead of being stuck with us, us
          freaks. It is just that I have learnt you never get anything for
          free, and since you help us much I fear the price will be too great
          for us to pay." He put his head in his hands and golden strands fell
          foward, "The truth I suppose is that I've never been able to trust
          anyone, it is just one of my many weaknesses. I dread that my
          weaknesses will cause Mascatarma's and my downfall." He sat up and
          flicked his hair back, revealing his pointed ears and spoke even
          more, "I fancy that I will bring nothing but trouble to all I get
          close to, just look at my mother."

          OOC: Argh...how depressing was that post!
        • kat_j_2000_99
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 1, 2002
            Morra lazily swung her blade beheading two other hobbits.Several ran
            at her waving their daggers and swords. She chopped one in half with
            her sword and began chanting in elvish to the others. They stoped
            confused and looked around to see where the loud voice speaking
            elvish was coming from. The little shack grew dark as her voice
            intensified. The ground under the hobbits began to shake.
            Theywhimpered and tried to move but they were stuck. With a loud
            crash the earth directly under the hobbits split and they tummbled in
            the deep hole. THe hole closed as soon as they slipped through so no
            one else could get near and fall. Morra closed her eyes for a moment
            and sighed. "Let's go now." She said opening her eyes looking around
            at her friends huddled in various corners of the room.
          • gwenhwyvar_the_ranger
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 1, 2002
              Gwenhwyvar listened carefully to what Carag had to say. As she
              listened, her face took on a troubled expression. When he was
              finished she paused for a moment and then spoke, "Carag, I know it's
              very hard for you to understand, but let me try to help you." She
              paused again before continuing, "My purpose in life is to help
              people, wherever they may be, whatever help they may need.
              Mascatarma has hurt alot of people and I was not able to help them
              all, in fact, I was unable to help hardly any of them. But, now, I
              have the opportunity to help you and your mother. If Mascatarma can
              change and give up her life of hurting people, then just think of all
              the people I am helping by keeping her from hurting them." She
              stopped realizing she sounded somewhat confusing. She looked at him
              and sighed. "My help will not cost you or your mother anything.
              Because if I don't help you, it may cost thousands more much more
              than they are willing to pay. And as to whether or not you deserve
              it, it is not my place to decide who deserves what. I just do the
              best I can." Then she fell silent and leaned back in her chair,
              staring at the fire.
            • celticdestiny2
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 1, 2002
                Destiny blinked a few times in astonishment after that incident. She
                was still shaking but smiled weakly.

                "Yes...lets go...must .. leave" she attempted to crawl out from under
                the bench and hit her head.

                "I'm gonna be blue even when this paint washes off" she muttered as
                she more carefully stood up, ready to walk out the door
              • ana_delphine
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 1, 2002
                  OOC: *Waves at Gwen and picks a Hawaii soveneir off the floor* Gee!!
                  I always wanted one of these, whatever it is!! Lets see, I think we
                  dragged you along so your somewhere near the Shire...Mascatarma
                  Gwenhwyvar and Xelin...I think thats all...Are in the Shire, while
                  Morra, Delphine Aduial and Destiny got captured by Evil Canibal
                  Hobbits With Mutant Sticks, but now they're on their way out of the
                  evil canibal place..Oh yes, and Morra gave you a pony which we
                  pretended that you gladly accpeted...So do what you will with that!!
                  Or if you want us to find you, just say the word!!

                  IC: "Yes yes!!" Said Delphine cheerily and darted through what used
                  tto be the door, before turning around and rushing back, grabbing a
                  mutant stick off of a headless Hobbit, running back and hitting
                  everyone on the head with it. (watch out! Delphine's back in
                  business!!) "Where are we going?" She asked quizically.
                • kanes_girl2001
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
                    Carag listened to Gwenhwyvar carefully, he knew she was right even if
                    he didn't understand this whole helping people idea. "Well
                    Gwenhwyvar, I'll tell you this. You are a better person than I." He
                    got up and lay on the bed that was next to Mascatarma's and pretended
                    to sleep, for it is nearly impossible to tell if a elf is asleep or
                    not due to its open eyes. Throughout the whole night he lay thinking
                    about things and watching over Mascatarma, he didn't dare sleep with
                    her around. At sunrise Mascatarma began to shuffle around and Carag
                    sat bolt upright, his dagger hadn't moved from his hand all night.
                    Mascatarma thought her son was becoming paranoid, too paranoid to be
                    normal she was beginning to think.She sat up and began to brush her
                    hair, "You alright Carag?" Secretly he thought 'Like you care' but
                    all he said was "I'm fine, thankyou." Mascatarma smiled and went to
                    get a wash, she returned looking happier and refreshed, "Are the
                    others awake yet?" Carag shrugged and carefully cleaned his dagger
                    blade.

                    OOC:Hehehehe...moody Carag!
                  • kjbeaner
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 4, 2002
                      Carag was having a fitful nights sleep. He knew Enil from
                      somewhere before but couldnt remember. And this was keeping
                      him up. He also felt that his mother and Enil were connected
                      somehowThe next morning he sought out Xelin and told him
                      of what he felt.
                      "Your mother was in Mirkwood"
                      Maybe its a repressed memory"
                      maybe nut I do know we have to help Enil get back his throne