[The Lord of the Rings RPG 2] Re: OOC crap, but yeah..read anywho

  • kanes_girl2001
    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 1, 2002
      OOC: No, it's really not a good idea to leave Mascatarma alone, she
      probably would have tried to kill Gwen and escape, because shes nice
      like that, lol!

      IC:
      "Oh bloody brilliant!" Mascatarma sighed at the sight of Xelin, she
      had been awoken like this many times in her 2000 years of life. "Now
      you want to kill me, Mr soldier of Gondor?Well as much as I would
      like to oblige you in this 'service', i'm afraid I can't let you. If
      I could drop dead on the spot and please you i'd be the happiest elf
      in Middle Earth, but unfortunatly I have unfinished buisness and rude
      attacks are most unwelcome." she said sarcasticaly. Underneath the
      bed sheets a small ball of pulsing light had begun to form in her
      hand, she was taking no chances incase the others allowed him to kill
      her.
    • Matrixfightr0@aol.com
      Message 2 of 27 , Jun 1, 2002
        Okay, in a previous post I was told to not to role-play characters that
        weren't me, but since we're just moving on lets forget about it and continue,
        so I promise I wont do it again. Now on with the story.

        Xelin froze a second to notice that Mascatarma was forming a spell, no
        doubt to defend herself. Xelin, though he had easily killed elves and
        wizards before, knew that this one was especially dangerous. "You know
        Mascatarma, I believe I forgot to inform you of one thing that has made me a
        successful mercenary." He threw off the bed covers and stuck his fist out
        right in front of Mascatarma but did not strike her. Instead, a ball of
        light similar to Mascatarma's shot out from his hand and vanished the one in
        Mascatarma's hand. Xelin smiled and said, "Your not the only one that knows
        magic."

      • aki_kaze_tamodachi
        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 1, 2002
          OOC: Okay, I know I'm getting all anal but I'm just gonna pretend to
          ignore Xelin's re-entry. No one has the authority to control Gwennnie
          (Gwen) cause she's all mine! MWAHAHAHA! *clears throat*
          anyways...yeah. Gwen never woke up, and is still passed out on the
          bed.

          IC: Gwen is passed out (hehehe). Itsy awoke with a start and quietly
          crept from Gwen's tiny cloak. His brown eyes darted to the menacing
          figure cloaked in a shrowd of darkness inside the room. Itsy purred
          lowly and cuddled up under Gwen's warm chin.
        • Matrixfightr0@aol.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Jun 2, 2002
            OOC: okay, I'll say it again, I'm sorry that I used the other characters.
            lets forget it and move on. By the way who is itsy, are there any more
            characters I should know about

          • aki_kaze_tamodachi
            Message 5 of 27 , Jun 2, 2002
              OOC: Itsy is my ferret. Well Gwen's ferret. (Same thing) Itsy is
              kinda like a familiar to Gwen.
            • kanes_girl2001
              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                OOC:Lets just say that Xelin ran in like he did on his re-entry, but
                the other characters didn't do anything because they were taken by
                surprise and I think Gwen is still unconsious.I posted Mascatarma's
                reaction to Xelin a few posts back, lets continue from there. :)
              • gwenhwyvar_the_ranger
                Message 7 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                  ooc: sorry, it took me awhile to post... yeah, i think we should
                  just pick up with Masacatarma's post... btw, what you posted for my
                  char in your re-entry is ok, *takes on mock-threatening tone* but
                  dont do it again! hehe ^_^

                  ic: Gwenhwyvar jumped out of her chair as soon as the strange man
                  who called himself Xelin threatened Mascatarma. Though she was not
                  surprised that someone would come to collect a reward for Mascatarma,
                  the evil elf was under her care and if anyone was going to end her
                  reign of terror it would be her. She was glad however that he had
                  overcome her magic spell for there was no telling what she might have
                  done with that ball of energy. She moved to place herself between
                  Mascatarma and Xelin, her sword drawn. "Ok, now that the wizard's
                  battle is out of the way, why don't you take yourself out of this
                  sick room and let the injured rest. Under normal circumstances, I
                  would have no problem with your intention to kill Mascatarma and
                  collect whatever reward there may be. But for now, she is my charge,
                  and I do not intend for her to die just yet. If you go against me in
                  this, I cannot be responsible for what I might do to you. So be
                  gone!" She remained between the two, staring the soldier of Gondor
                  in the eye, waiting for him to leave.
                • Matrixfightr0@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                    okay stop with the criticisms, someday I want to write fantasy stories, I got
                    a little carried away

                  • Matrixfightr0@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                      Xelin glared at the ranger. Not only did he want his reward, but he knew of
                      Mascatarma and did not want such a person alive. Looking at her sword, he
                      drew his and replied to Gwenhwyvar," Why do you care for this witch, I
                      apologize if I disturbed you, but I must do what I must do. It seems as
                      though you are allied with her, and if you are I will kill you to being an
                      agent to her. I would surrender if I were you. My magic powers and
                      swordsmanship are unmatched."

                    • kanes_girl2001
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                        Mascatarma quickly stepped forward to speak before Gwenhywvar had a
                        chance, her eyes had regained the familiar savage glint. "Don't call
                        me a witch, fool!" she hissed at him, her burning eyes locking with
                        the soldiers. "I am not allied with Gwenhywvar, I am allied with no
                        one, for my trust has been broken too often." Her good arm hung by
                        her side, electric blue sparks jumped between her fingers as she
                        tried to restrain herself from killing Xelin, her mouth set in a firm
                        line of determination.
                        "I know that you wouldn't just kill me for the money, no, its too
                        dangerous for just the money.Have I killed a family member or friend?
                        Do you seek revenge, or perhaps you hide behind your soldier costume
                        and all you are is a cold blooded killer? Do I guess right?"

                        OOC:If you wish, you can say that Mascatarma has killed family/
                        friends of Xelin...just a idea.But if you don't want to say that, I
                        don't mind :)
                      • Matrixfightr0@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                          OOC: sure that sounds like a good idea
                          IC: Xelin turned his head facing Mascatarma. "You of all people should know.
                          Five years ago you destroyed my village and all my family. I was already a
                          solider for Gondor and tried to defend my hometown, but I failed. I was
                          stripped of my rank as a solider and I am what you see today. You ruined my
                          life so now you must die."
                          Xelin's hands began to glow like fire, he was ready to fight.

                        • lilac_aduial
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                            Um... I've kinda noticed something, you sorta control other peoples
                            chars, which is great if you write fan fics, but not so great for
                            RPG's. It's better to post a recation or something from your char and
                            let the other people deceide what their chars will do with what you
                            said. :) Welcome aboard!

                            ~violet~
                            queen of the universe
                          • lilac_aduial
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                              Alright i was to lazy to read all the posts first, so please
                              disreguard that last post of mine. *kicks myself* um...
                              anyways...yeah, i think you will fit in fine. I'm violet by the way
                              and not so evil as that last post made me seem.

                              ~violet~
                              queen of the universe
                            • Matrixfightr0@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                                thanks

                              • aki_kaze_tamodachi
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jun 3, 2002
                                  OOC: Okay I see I will have to stress this to every new member. There
                                  is no controlling of other characters. This RPG is one where you only
                                  control your own characters and no one else's. *cries* Why do I have
                                  like eight million deja vu's when I say that? LOL Dun take me like a
                                  brat, just being informative.

                                  IC: Gwen slowly stirred and sat up for sa moment, feeling cleaner and
                                  in less pain. She opened her eyes just in time to see a strange man
                                  in the doorway. Gwen let out a small cry and stood, her emerald eyes
                                  were noe more lively and her hair was a bit relaxed and fell in a
                                  soft fringy sea of waves across her cheecks. She glared at Xelin.
                                  "And who are you and why have you disturbed us in our......our..."
                                  she trailed off, looking around, as her wide ears twitched about. A
                                  hindering thought crossed the secrecy of her mind: <Where are we?>
                                • kanes_girl2001
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jun 4, 2002
                                    Mascatarma began to laugh, slow and cruel as she brought back
                                    memories of five years ago.She studied his face and raised an eyebrow
                                    as she noticed his hands glowing with some fire-like magic. "Ah yes,
                                    I remember your family now, you had a little sister, am I right? You
                                    should have heard the way she screamed, pathetic!" She backed off a
                                    little, raising her hand to show the delicate strings of electricity
                                    dancing between her fingers, this, in her point of view, was also
                                    pathetic. "But Xelin, do you not see that I am injured, there would
                                    be no honour in fighting me now.Or maybe you should, so you can
                                    return home and say 'I have slayed the witch Mascatarma, she was weak
                                    and bloodied with a broken arm, so I killed her then because I was
                                    too weak to kill her when she was well!" her sentence ended in a low
                                    snarl and a shadow lay across her face. Slightly startled by Gwen's
                                    sudden questions she looked around to see the Hobbit alive and awake,
                                    she answered her question. "This is Xelin, an old friend of mine, I
                                    did him a favour five years back when I rid him of his family." she
                                    turned back to face Xelin, not trusting him.
                                  • gwenhwyvar_the_ranger
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jun 4, 2002
                                      ooc: good grief, he said he was sorry and he hasnt done it since, cut
                                      the guy some slack!

                                      ic: Gwenhwyvar relaxed a little, trying to look less threatening.
                                      She completely understood why this man would want to kill
                                      Mascatarma. But she could not allow that to happen just yet. She
                                      had been informed that Mascatarma would be tried for her crimes in
                                      Rivendell and summarily punished as soon as she was well. Until
                                      then, Gwenhwyvar was to act as her warden. She stepped closer to the
                                      soldier trying to back him away from Mascatarma while holding
                                      Mascatarma at bay with her hand. "Sir, I am truly sympathetic to
                                      your loss, but I'm afraid the good people of Rivendell got to her
                                      first. She is due for trial as soon as she is healed and I have no
                                      doubt that your thirst for her demise will be fulfilled at the
                                      conclusion of that trial. Until then, I am afraid you will just have
                                      to wait." She didnt think that would satisfy him, so she added, "I
                                      must insist that you leave this room now. Mascatarma is not the only
                                      injured person here. There is a very sick hobbit lying on that bed
                                      over there and she desperately needs to rest. You have already woke
                                      her and now you are keeping her awake. If you dont care whether
                                      Mascatarma sleeps, fine, I understand that, but could you at least
                                      take pity on Gwen and let her rest?" She sincerely hoped that would
                                      get him out of the room where Rivendell officials may be able to
                                      reason with him. If not, she would use force and her motherly
                                      instincts for Gwen would not allow her to be swayed.
                                    • Matrixfightr0@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jun 4, 2002
                                        "ENOUGH." Screamed Xelin, this was his moment of vengeance, but he did not
                                        want the innocent involved. "Very well, if I can't have vengeance, I will
                                        have justice. Mascatarma is coming with me to Gondor. The man who hired me
                                        for this job is there. He will pay a hefty price for this witch's head,
                                        especially alive. Then the courts of Gondor will place you on trial for your
                                        acts of genocide. If you two will assist me I will gladly share in the
                                        reward."

                                      • Matrixfightr0@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jun 4, 2002
                                          Xelin was frozen for a minute "Very well, for your sake at least I will
                                          leave, but I am going with you when she is sentenced. Then I will revenge
                                          good night to you and the hobbit."

                                        • kanes_girl2001
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jun 4, 2002
                                            Mascatarma watched with a steel gaze as the Xelin bid the others good
                                            night and finaly broke her concentration and turned to speak to
                                            Gwenhwyvar. "I'm not going anywhere, not to Gondor or to any trial of
                                            Rivendell." she said cooly and walked back over to her bed.She got
                                            under the covers and arranged the pillows so she could sit once
                                            again, once more she amused herself by passing dark waves through her
                                            fingers.Finaly she grew bored with this and decided to do something
                                            more extravagant, she suddenly cried "Pelekta yassen runya" and a
                                            nearby vase smashed violently. "Well, well, looks like my strength
                                            grows Gwenhwyvar!" she smiled at the destruction she had caused and
                                            then her face became darkened. "You know as well as I do, I will not
                                            serve my sentence. I will be gone as soon as the trial is over and
                                            nobody will be able to stop me." she did not smile though, just
                                            looked straight at Gwenhwyvar, a sad expression on her face and in
                                            her eyes.She knew that Gwenhwyvar had no idea why she was sad, she
                                            only hoped that the human would understand in some way and perhaps
                                            show her some kindness.
                                          • gwenhwyvar_the_ranger
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jun 4, 2002
                                              Gwenhwyvar was relieved when Xelin finally left. Her nerves were on
                                              edge enough as it was, and she did not need the added stress he had
                                              caused. She walked over to Gwen's bed to make sure she was
                                              comfortable so she could back to sleep while Mascatarma made herself
                                              comfortable again. Suddenly she was startled by the sound of a
                                              shattered vase. She turned to see Mascatarma grinning mischeivously
                                              while a couple of elven handmaidens began cleaning up the mess after
                                              overcoming their own shock. She glared at Mascatarma who was
                                              declaring her refusal to go to Gondor or to trial. But then her
                                              expression softened as she realized the sadness in her eyes even as
                                              she was asserting her ability to avoid punishment. Gwenhwyvar walked
                                              back over to Mascatarma's bed and sat down in the chair at its
                                              foot. "Mascatarma," she began, "Can I talk to you as one capable
                                              female to another? Though I have only met you recently, I sense that
                                              you have not always been what you are now. At one time I believe you
                                              were a happy person, perhaps with a family and a home. I cannot
                                              begin to fathom what tragedy you suffered that would cause you to
                                              embrace the evil that you have, but I also believe that it has not
                                              completely consumed you. You still have a heart, small and buried
                                              deep though it may be. You still feel those rare moments of
                                              compassion, and I believe you long to feel compassion from others as
                                              well. Why do you persist in your evil ways? What keeps you hurting
                                              others while you hurt yourself as well? Why not renounce hatred and
                                              embrace love and compassion, for yourself and others?" She sat back
                                              in her chair never taking her eyes off of Mascatarma. She had no
                                              idea how she would react to such questions, but she felt that this
                                              evil she-elf was crying out for help, and Gwenhwyvar wanted to be
                                              able to offer it if she could.
                                            • kanes_girl2001
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jun 5, 2002
                                                Mascatarma did not flinch as Gwenhwyvar sat on the chair nearby,
                                                listening to the humans words Mascatarma waited until she had
                                                finished speaking and finaly, in a low growl she said "Don't you dare
                                                talk about my family." She sat silently for another few moments, her
                                                face softened and angry tears pricked the back of her eyes, she
                                                couldn't let Gwenhwyvar see her cry, but she didn't know how right
                                                she had been in all she had said.She found herself telling Gwenhwyvar
                                                what she had never told anyone, slowly tears began to escape. "I was
                                                very young, my parents took me on a a buisness trip to Mordor, the
                                                reasons for which I do not know. But there we were taken hostage by
                                                orcs, they took us back to Saruman's castle." she paused for a
                                                moment, she had repressed these memories for years. "There he
                                                tortured me for fun, keeping me nearby him so that he could watch me
                                                suffer. One day he....he brought my parents before the cage he kept
                                                me in, and he tortured them and burned them infront of me." she kept
                                                her head hung and stared down at the sheets. "He continued to torture
                                                me for over 50 years, not allowing me just to die.I tried to kill
                                                myself ofcourse, but he put a curse upon me, I can not kill myself.
                                                But he was stupid in a way, and it led to my escape. As he kept me so
                                                nearby that I watched him practice his dark magic, and it is from him
                                                I learnt mine. I escaped using it and have recently found myself free
                                                from Mordor. But when I returned I found everyone was so happy,
                                                leading their useless little lives. Why hadn't anyone come to help
                                                us? They could have saved us from Saruman, but no one did, because
                                                they didn't care.And so I have sworn my revenge on anything that
                                                lives." her face had become darkened again.