Baphomet Gematria

  • Joseph Thiebes
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001
      Hi all,

      I hope this hasn't been covered before, but I am confused about something.
      In Confessions, Crowley says that he discovered the correct spelling of
      Baphomet as BAFOMIThR. He then goes on to explain how wonderful this is
      because this weird spelling adds up to 729, (the square of 9), which
      corresponds to a number of appropriate things. But it adds up to 629, not
      729! What's up with that?

      Love is the law, love under will.

      Joe

      -----------
      For quarterly announcements about new artwork by Joe Thiebes and updates to
      the Parsifal Gallery & Books web page, sign up at:
      http://www.egroups.com/group/parsifal
      or send a blank email to: parsifal-subscribe@egroups.com

      Parsifal Gallery & Books: http://www.parsifal.net
    • Cavalorn
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001
        In article <008701c08cfe$ab09ec70$64db10ac@...>,
        Joseph Thiebes <thiebes@...> writes
        >I hope this hasn't been covered before, but I am confused about something.
        >In Confessions, Crowley says that he discovered the correct spelling of
        >Baphomet as BAFOMIThR.

        The alleged Papa Meithras spelling, IIRC.

        >He then goes on to explain how wonderful this is
        >because this weird spelling adds up to 729, (the square of 9), which
        >corresponds to a number of appropriate things. But it adds up to 629, not
        >729! What's up with that?

        B = 2
        A = 1
        F = 6
        O = 70
        M = 40
        I = 10
        Th = 400
        R = 200

        I make that 729... for what it's worth.

        93 93/93

        Cav
        --
        Give me a woman who's taken her knocks,
        Who's tasted both gutter and stars.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2001

          > B = 2
          > A = 1
          > F = 6
          > O = 70
          > M = 40
          > I = 10
          > Th = 400
          > R = 200
          >
          > I make that 729... for what it's worth.

          F = 6 ? Crowley continues to amaze me with his imaginative cheating.
          I would opt for: BAFOMITRU = 418.

          Prophet 718