Re: Tarot Comparisons

  • nagasiva yronwode
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 1, 2009
      Care Frater Joel,

      "Joel" <xenu93@...> wrote:
      >333 <nagasiva@> wrote:
      > > "Joel" <xenu93@>:
      > > > Here is a link that covers the switch well
      > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoth_tarot_deck .
      > >
      > > wiki?! LOL

      btw, i always refer to wikipedia afterward with "(wiki?! LOL)"
      because i consider it to be the world's biggest graffiti board,
      and only if we are lucky contains reliable information. not
      that it is unhelpful. quite to the contrary, many wikis are
      quite helpful in their content, but they can become
      captives of the stray cult and therefore horridly biased.

      > > are Crowleyans so easily fooled by his ciphering?

      this is the disputed area right here. my arrogance should
      key your attention to the fact that there is a huge argument
      underlying this comment on my part. I welcome the debate
      and challenge on the matter, and think it is valuable to
      repeatedly bring it up and examine its detail. I have now
      even constructed a 'liber' on it, which means that i am
      comfortable letting some bit of data i have compiled
      remain stable in routinized argument. that's somewhat,
      but not completely, unusual. :)

      > > from Liber Tzaddi:
      > > http://www.luckymojo.com/avidyana/plebe/libertzaddi.txt

      > Thank you for setting that strait, you have given me hours of thought.

      I hoped to engage you in a number of posts to discuss it and
      still welcome that happening. don't allow me to shut you up
      with my antics. ask more questions, challenge my idiocy.

      > I did not know that I had been sold a party line bill of goods

      have you? is this established? the matter is far from clear, though i
      have my intentional position on it for the time being.

      > and I appreciate your pointing me in the right direction.

      is it the right direction? what convinces you of this? the point is not
      to establish any Rightness but to analyze, rationally examine, and
      set forth intelligent postures one way or another, based on logic
      and something cogent.

      > You are quite the source of information

      more often i attempt to be the source of challenge and bluster.

      > and I may appeal to you for further clarification.

      good idea. this conundrum is disputed by very heavy hitters.
      I'd welcome an in-depth examination of this by any and all.

      > I don't mind a bit of contempt in your tone,

      let me assure you, no contempt was intended. my apologies if
      i came across that way. I have often faced those who were of the
      opposite opinion and who sought to instruct without having the benefit
      of seeing the various sides of the argument arrayed before them.
      so sometimes i come out with the lance when 'twas only the sword
      that was needed for this particular engagement.

      > small price to pay for a better understanding of the information.

      but is it? I encourage you to dispute and doubt me heavily. volume
      can also be wrong. what may come across as contemptuous should
      be doubted all the more. these Hermetic dalliances are best understood
      by the emotionally and intellectually temperate, not the wayward whackos.
      if at first i seem like a wayward whacko, ask me for more substance.

      if i seem rude or silly, doubt me all the more. require even more support.

      333
    • Donald Correll
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 12, 2009
        Crowley Mass Song-

        We disciples of Aleister Crowly
        Gathered round his bier to pay respects,
        Pass strange drugs and sing ribald godsongs
        to chastise and to enflame to our intellects.
        Always thought I'd be one of Crowleys disciples,
        Doing Resh and Jugorum with great zest, slash, slash
        And when I retire I'll write class D publications
        and aspire to be a Magus like the rest.
        Crowley was strictly King James Bible,
        Classic beasthood by the book and bell
        Surely he foresaw in the direful eighties
        what the new age magick current would reveal.
        Drink to me I love you says the Goddess.
        Pass strange drugs and wine instructs Hadit
        Worship me with swords, spears and blood
        Says Ra Hoor, that our sleazy foes the Xters might be beat!
        Annihilate the Xtians is the watchword
        extirminate them to a living soul
        Annihilate the creeps says Ra Hoor Khuit
        and get on with sex and drugs and Rock and Roll.

        Is Aleister Crowley really dead,
        really dead.
        Did he do those terrible things they said,
        things they said.
        Is he but dust beneath the sod,
        beneath the sod.
        Or was Aleister Crowley really god?
        really god.

        Hark what's that shuffling host,
        shuffling host,.
        Good grief it's Aleister Crowleys ghost
        Crowleys ghost.
        Holy of holy is the game
        and Aleister Crowley is the name.
        Praise the name.

        Evoe Pan was his favorite Hymm,
        his favorite Hymm.
        Becaue it reminded him of him,
        him of him.
        Heroin was his favorite dope,
        it cures from love, peace and hope.
        and the pope.

        Is Aleister Crowley really dead,
        really dead.
        Did he do those terrible things they said,
        things they said.
        Is he but dust beneath the sod,
        beneath the sod.
        Or was Aleister Crowley really god?
        really god.

        Crowley had a wife her name was Rose
        her name was Rose.
        Tis sais she had a very pretty nose.
        pretty nose.
        And he himself regarded it with awe,
        It lead to the receiving of the law.
        The Book of the law.

        Twenty thousand feet over Chogo Ri,
        Chogo Ri.
        Crowley and Oscar Eckenstein laughed with glee,
        laughed with glee.
        Nobody else had climbed so high,
        One more step by god they'd touch the sky.

        Is Aleister Crowley really dead,
        really dead.
        Did he do those terrible things they said,
        things they said.
        Is he but dust beneath the sod,
        beneath the sod.
        Or was Aleister Crowley really god?
        really god.

        Victor Newburgh was his favorite accolyte
        Tis said he kept him late at night
        And when the eye of Horus he had kissed
        He cried I am a fundamentalist.

        Crowley had some squares of Abremelin.
        T'is said he used them to keep a dog from yelling.
        The beast of hell was the product of the fun.
        He cried by god look what I have done.

        Is Aleister Crowley really dead,
        really dead.
        Did he do those terrible things they said,
        things they said.
        Is he but dust beneath the sod,
        beneath the sod.
        Or was Aleister Crowley really god?
        really god.

        Nobody knows whos Lodge is whose.
        Nobody pays his fucking dues.
        There is only one thing I don't know,
        who's in charge of the bloody OTO.

        The last word on Crowley was Sashas
        For she was last to ever haul his ashes.
        One night in a fit of drunken Glee
        She dashed them 'neath that north NJ tree,
        A lone pine tree in Bergen County.

        Holy, Holy, Holy
        Aleister Crowley
        One hand to Malkuth,