regarding john symonds

  • anubisosiriset
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      93,
      i got a question. i just bought a copy of the great beast:the life
      and magick of aleister crowley....but for the life of me cannot find a
      review of the book! i was hopeing that somebody here may be able to
      help?....any would be most appreciated......93
    • Alamantra
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
          On 12/2/08, Alamantra <alamantra@...> wrote:

          > One could almost feel like Crowley himself
          > had seen it through as a final joke played with Symonds and Grant being the
          >
          > PUNCHline.
          >
          > .

          What does Grant have to do with Symonds book?

        • Alamantra
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
            You are correct. You caught me in an error of clarity. I should have begun a new paragraph. I didn't mean to infer that Grant had anything to do with that particular book. (The particular reference I had in mind was their introduction to Magick.This is clarified by my statement in parenthesis at the bottom of the paragraph.) The idea that I was expressing in the notion of the joke and punchline is that posterity is left with the biases of John Symonds and Kenneth Grant as two of the primary mediums to convey Crowley's ideas and story. That's what I get for posting after staring at php code for eleven hours.

            Regardie was far more fair.

            Bliss:
            Alamantra
            www.greaterthelema.com