[t93] History, Semantics, and the Point (*was* Re:Thelemic Ethics, Politi...

  • bishop
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2007
      >--- In thelema93-l@yahoogroups.com, camlion@... wrote:
      >
      > I was writing directly to HG when I made that reference.
      > I introduced him to the works of Aleister Crowley in the
      > very late sixties.

      I'm starting to feel very young. ;)) But that is a matter for another
      time.

      > Another Thelemite with us since those early days was
      > the person who has posted to this forum as DotExKansas@
      > Her area of special interest is the legal implications
      > and applications of the Law of Thelema in today's
      > environment.

      I think I messed up a good pair of jeans. And while at work, even!
      They will certainly need to be washed regardless. It excites me to no
      end to hear such things as this.

      >>--- In thelema93-l@yahoogroups.com, dotexkansas@... wrote:
      >>
      >> Yes, I would participate. (My friends, Cam and HG, I
      >> think, doubt that my skin is as thick as their own,
      >> because I have a vagina rather than a penis.)

      You will find no such preconceptions here. ;-p~ I learned my lesson
      the hard way (no pun intended) years ago. I've shared my space with
      her for damn near 12 years now. While the _Book of the Law_ may extol
      women girt with swords, I've often commented that I found women girt
      with pens -- wooden or electronic -- much more enticing. The
      testosterone pumped individualists with a boner for Crowley might not
      like where we're headed but I couldn't give a damn.

      >> My only condition is that the discussion be brought
      >> 'down' as quickly as possible to 'the real world' so
      >> as to contribute to the relief of human suffering to
      >> be found so simply in the Law of Thelema.

      As quickly as possible, yes. If only because I already find myself
      interested in hearing such a perspective rarely found within any
      conversation on Thelema. While I do like my cut-and-dry, not
      everything fits there and I think (hope?) we might find ourselves
      with some challenges (-ers?) in the early stages. :D

      > although she finds this particular Internet venue rather
      > distasteful.

      As do many, but, like a train wreck, we continue to watch. There's
      got to be a pathology for that!

      Pax!
      bishop