Re: [t93] A quote concerning Will

  • Vincent Jennings
    Message 1 of 102 , Mar 8, 2007
      Colligo Carus <colligocarus@...> wrote:
      ben@... wrote:
      <<<<
      > 93
      >
      > A quote I cam across which seems pertinent to Thelema
      >
      > "We are not afraid to say 'Do what you will: act as you will', because
      > we are persuaded that the great majority of mankind, in proportion to
      > their degree of enlightenment, and the completeness with which they free
      > themselves from existing fetters, will behave and act in a direction
      > useful to society"

      I'm not sure why you relate this to thelema or the law thereof.
      It seems to be a rather blinded view of man. a restatement of the "scrub
      assumption."

      Can you chain the gap for me?

      Thanks. :)

      Care ALl,

      Can only speak from own personal experience. Performing one's True Will is the bottom line. A mind that is concerned with success is just as bound and tied up as a mind that is concerned with failure....bottom line, perform one's True Will and be not concerned with the end result. Being indifferent and unattached to results helps one perform actions. To many times the mind becomes warped with thoughts like "will this really work" or "what will others think"....The issue is not the end result----the issue is performing one's True Will. Unless one acts on True Will, you might as well be sitting in the Abyss.

      Love is the law, love under will
      V.*
      http://www.abbeyofthelemafilm.com

      [MODERATOR reformatted; top-posted; clarified quotation]
    • Vincent Jennings
      Message 102 of 102 , Mar 8, 2007
        Colligo Carus <colligocarus@...> wrote:
        <<<<