Re: [t93] Re: Keys and Freemasonry

  • camlion@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2006
      93 .333,

      In a message dated 9/2/2006 8:52:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      nagasiva@... writes:

      > Do as you please.

      <SNIP>

      > how does Freemasonry connect with Thelema?
      > many of those who sought influence and
      > power within Thelema tried to usurp and/or
      > co-opt the reputation that Freemasonry has
      > had with religiomagical folks. Thelemic
      > orders like the OTO had to give up their
      > claims to 'make' Freemasons (at times as
      > response to civil suit brought against
      > them by legitimate Freemasons). while the
      > OTO is one of these, it was prior to
      > Crowley's time that it was dropped. there
      > have been a few members of OTO that i've
      > known were both OTO members and Freemasons.
      > there are lodges of OTO which hold their
      > meetings in the nearest Freemason lodge
      > (one near to me, for example, uses an
      > *exquisite* hall!). probably it should be
      > said that orders like the OTO had their
      > foundations laid in the shadow of other
      > mysticoreligious edifices that they tried
      > to supplant or mimic (these included
      > Tantra, Yoga, and Freemasonry, mostly in
      > association with founder Theodore Reuss,
      > who might have been a Freemason? but had
      > no connections to these other socio-
      > religious and mystical systems -- novel
      > realistic connections are being made by).

      People, apparently since the beginning of people, have sought insight into
      the meaning of the series of events or phases of time that seem to measure and,
      perhaps, define their existence: Among these, Birth (including any factors
      that might tend to precipitate that event), Life (a much broader category, of
      course, in which significance may not be immediately apparent), and Death
      (including any significance to that event beyond the obvious).

      The particular quest for such insight appears to be almost inherent to us,
      and is rather unique among the other species available for comparison. It is
      perhaps responsible for our obvious preoccupation with introspection, overt
      sexuality, intoxication, art, philosophy, science, religion, and so on and so on,
      and eventually, Freemasonry and even Thelema.

      Is this what you are trying to say?

      > Invoke me under my stars.
      >
      > # Love is the law, [love] under will.
      >
      > 333