Re: DWTW v DAYP

  • 333
    Message 1 of 67 , Apr 25 6:15 PM
      50060425 ix om Haeil Shaitans!

      hey Rev Rob!

      Robert Furtkamp <reverendrob@...>:
      # ...Within Crowley's works, Will has a very specific
      # meaning and intent. It's a singular purpose, not
      # random actions, random thoughts, etc.

      could you elaborate here? isn't there some kind of
      "orbit" described in association with wills and
      Wills where the Beast is writing? where does that
      come from? is Crowley's expression really
      completely coherent on the topic? might you point
      out some which is definitive on this point?

      # ...merely a co-opting of terms and a movement
      # to achieve a particular end, which with what's
      # listed elsewhere in your post, appears to be
      # drinking and having a good time. There's
      # nothing wrong with that, but it's not the
      # essence of occultism for many practitioners.

      it does sound like willful revelry, however. I've
      known a number of Thelemites who sought this out.
      some associate debauch or intoxication with the
      religion or philosophy of Thelema also, and they
      sometimes may refer to the Lawbook to justify it
      ("...wine and strange drugs...." etc.).

      # There is no room for non-authority or
      # wishy-washy modern pseudo-scholarship either.

      dunno, Crowley seems to have fomented that in
      the general perpetuation of occult standards
      to and throughout his time. few bother with
      any kind of scholarship. Crowley at least
      gave a reading list for his AA that was quite
      helpful, were one familiar with the documents,
      in determining from what they were drawing.

      # If you are so reactionary towards him, he's
      # doing his job. He serves as a foil to deflate
      # the balloon of those who cannot adequately
      # release the built up ThelemaGas hiding in
      # their bowels.

      lol! glad you think I'm on the ball, Rev Rob. :)

      # ...a reaction to the observation, the line
      # that forms from the points....

      that sounds like: inference toward projection,
      with a reaction to that projected. what would
      need doing at that point were one to care to
      proceed would be to explain how the projection
      was faulty (somewhat in the manner of the way
      that I have done in response to Sr. Erin and
      that I expect she will reply in coming days).

      # If I want to get drunk and philosophize with
      # the masses, I don't have to join an mystical
      # brotherhood to do so.

      that makes you more liberated, maybe. ;)

      333
    • thelema93-l@yahoogroups.com
      Message 67 of 67 , Nov 19, 2006
        ADMIN: Monthly Moderation Minder
        -------------------------------------

        Do as you please.

        Thank you for your participation in Thelema93-L Yahoogroup. From
        time to time our subscribers need a reminder of what has proven to
        be a valuable and effective style of posting in order to preserve
        the integrity and enjoyment of this forum. What follows is a brief
        list of stylistic guidelines we strongly recommend:

        PLEASE

        try to limit the number and length of your posts, avoid short
        personal notes (like "me too!" and "I agree!" or "hi!"),
        taking those to private email, and generally referencing URLs
        for longer textfiles rather than posting them unless you
        know there is widespread interest. those with insufficient
        new contributions will be deleted without comment!

        VVVVVVVVV--- hey you! important! look at the note below ---VVVVVVVV

        DO THIS
        AND SAVE YOURSELF
        NEEDLESS HASSLE
        WAITING FOR POSTS

        * format your post so that your material appears after quoted
        material which is prepended with carats like this:

        "(ANGRY THELEMITE'S NAME)" wrote:
        > **QUOTED MATERIAL ABOUT THELEMA**
        > **MORE QUOTED MATERIAL ABOUT**

        YOUR NEW TEXT

        if this format isn't followed we may reformat it for you,
        or simply delete your contribution to the forum;
        or we may explain briefly what we'd approve;

        EVERYBODY'S DOING IT!!
        REALLY! HOW CAN
        IT REALLY BE DANGEROUS?!
        TO CONFORM??

        ^^^^^^^^^^^^ IMPORTANT NOTE: LOOK ABOVE ^^^^^^^^^^^

        METADISCUSSION???? (really! look above, what it says about formats!)

        If you have feedback about the quality of T93-L's content or
        policies, please feel free to send email to one or more of the
        list-owners/moderators at

        thelema93-l-owner@yahoogroups.com

        Please do not respond to this text in the email list.

        Fay ce que vouldras. ;)

        thelema93-l-owner@yahoogroups.com
        EOF