has anyone come across 'LACHEUVE' or 'LA CHEUVE'?

  • hanrahan398
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Has anyone come across 'LACHEUVE' or 'LA CHEUVE'?

      I don't know what the primary reference is, but:

      'cheuve' is a local (and old) form of the French 'chèvre', meaning
      a) 'she-goat' and b) the 3-legged hoist that holds the 'lewis' stone in
      freemasonry.

      (The stone itself is called the 'louve', meaning 'she-wolf', giving a
      she-goat/she-wolf pair. But the primary reference may well be something
      completely different).

      I'd be very interested to know whether anyone has come across this word
      in ANY occult, mystical, symbolic, or historical context.

      Many thanks!

      Regards,

      Michael