Sekhet-Maat Lodge Library

  • Joseph Thiebes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Cari Fratres, Sorores, et Amici,

      Just under two years ago, the Sekhet-Maat Lodge Library received the
      Yorke Collection and OTO Archive of Crowley's work on microfilm: over
      25,000 images of Crowley's diaries, notes, papers, letters, and more.
      These essential resources of Crowley's work, once only accessible by a
      special trip to the Warburg in England, are now openly available to
      researchers in the Pacific Northwest. Additionally, we have received the
      generous donation of 28 rolls of microfilm of selected Sloane
      Manuscripts, including many important Elizabethan texts. The complete
      collection of microfilm, available for the public access, is unique in
      the world. Nowhere else, that we know of, can you find all these
      materials under one roof.

      In order to make use of these resources, Sekhet-Maat Lodge has obtained
      a microfilm reader with a digital interface, computer, locking glass
      case, and the furniture to hold it all, housed in our currently existing
      dedicated space in Portland. We look forward to adding more microfilm
      collections of relevance in the future. We've been asked to pay back
      only $2000 of the costs of this equipment--a fraction of the retail
      value. Since then, we've raised over $1500, thanks to the generosity of
      many here in Portland and around the world, and we are now asking you to
      help push us past that goal. Please click the "Donate" button at the
      page below and specify the amount that you would like to donate. We
      currently have $475 left to raise.

      http://www.sekhetmaat.com/www/html/treasury/library.html

      Once we have paid for the equipment, all additional funds raised through
      this effort will go toward library improvements by way of further
      acquisition of books, microfilm and needed equipment and furniture.
      Thanks so much, in advance, for your support.

      Love is the law, love under will.

      In Universal Brotherhood,

      Joseph Thiebes