Re: [t93] Re: Enochian keyboard

  • Alamantra
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
      From: Brian Berge
      To: thelema93-l@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 3:43 PM
      Subject: [t93] Re: Enochian keyboard

      I have some thoughts on it: Maybe the keys would be most
      appropriately laid out in a configuration close to a square, as per
      the tablets. If that were attempted, you'd be 3 letters short of the
      closest perfect square (5 x 5), but maybe you could leave 3 corners
      off, or leave an empty Tau cross in the center.

      Make the three empty squares function as control keys.

      Bliss:
      Alamantra
      www.greaterthelema.org
      www.alamantra.org
      www.ashe-prem.org

    • antaios
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
        93!

        > I have some thoughts on it: Maybe the keys would be most
        > appropriately laid out in a configuration close to a square,

        Here's a radical idea: how about you just assign the keys to the nearest
        phonetic equivalent in English? I'm not clear on why you're doing this. If
        it's just to index the Enochian characters for easy transcription in
        documents, the most practical, transparent plan is best.

        93 93/93
        RIKB
        www.horusset.com/RIKB

        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Provided by Ruglandis Hosting
        http://www.ruglandis.com
      • Brian Berge
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
          Antaios:

          You wrote: "Here's a radical idea: how about you just assign the
          keys to the nearest phonetic equivalent in English?"

          I think that is, in effect, what I suggested when I wrote:

          "...maybe they should be laid out as they correspond to the English
          alphabet as it's already laid out by the QWERTY convention."

          Were you writing to me when you wrote "I'm not clear on why you're
          doing this"? If so, why I'm doing what?

          --Brian
          http://lilytears.com

          --- In thelema93-l@yahoogroups.com, "antaios" <antaios@h...> wrote:
          > 93!
          >
          > > I have some thoughts on it: Maybe the keys would be most
          > > appropriately laid out in a configuration close to a square,
          >
          > Here's a radical idea: how about you just assign the keys to
          the nearest
          > phonetic equivalent in English? I'm not clear on why you're doing
          this. If
          > it's just to index the Enochian characters for easy transcription
          in
          > documents, the most practical, transparent plan is best.
          >
          > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          > 93 93/93
          > RIKB
        • antaios
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
            93!

            > "...maybe they should be laid out as they correspond to the English
            > alphabet as it's already laid out by the QWERTY convention."
            >
            > Were you writing to me when you wrote "I'm not clear on why you're
            > doing this"? If so, why I'm doing what?

            No, sorry if I was not clear. I intended that for the original poster. I
            thought initially that he was just asking how to assign the Enochian letters
            to keys for typing Enochian text. Seems pretty straightforward. But then some
            of the replies involved assigning them to a square and triple taus in the
            middle and whatever. Not sure I see the point of all that if it's ease of use
            you're looking for. Maybe for an Enochian ouija board or something.

            93 93/93
            RIKB
            www.horusset.com/RIKB