Praeter Fellow

  • QDSh ThN
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
      > [someone wrote]
      >
      > One thing is certain, most people who encounter and cross the abyss and survive, retire from ritual and affiliation with groups.<

      I for one think the above is as clever a vantage that can be linearly delivered by faculties of reason -- and the contempt and excuse to rise in mockery exhibited all of which a result of his or her own presupposed lack of Thelemic understanding.. Just so -- always just so.

      By the tenants of Mahayana Buddhism one who crosses the Abyss is considered a Buddha. Compassion for fellow self-created and self-sustained projections unrealized as such who've neither experienced Oversoul's "river of soul" memories through the incarnations, or, and thus, do not have the choice of not incarnating again as a human being is propagated and cultivated in most sects of Buddhism. A Buddha is then almost expected by hir lineage and the din of its forebearers and cultural ancestors to renounce furthering hir own spiritual advancement and instead ever-seek to enlighten others so more may in time too experience themselves as a Buddha, or more precisely, a Bodhisattva. According to the Magister Templi Grade tasks in, "One Star in Sight", the Master of the Temple (Buddha), the Temple of which is the House and Lodge of God, after having been received into the S.'.S.'. by way of passage through the Abyss from Oversoul, has only one person whom he or she is bound by Oath and moral commitment regarding the Bodhisattva vow: the person whom he or she had introduced to The Order. The person who doesn't belong to a Thelemic Order isn't bound to this obligation, that is if they have the wit to understand and will to practice the A.'.A.'. system as a solitary and self-reliant practitioner.

      To a Magister Templi, life, and all of its events, is a constant act, filled within it countless millions of actors, that in essence, are delusions within hir own sphere of sensation. The A.'.A.'. teaches that in which Buddhas are lucky to understand and make use of. All is illusion. A M.T. through the use of the Formul� of the Rose Cross becomes in time a Magus, whose sole task then is to, like he or she cancelled out humanity as existing outside of him or herself, annihilate the illusion of him or herself as existing in creation. Godhead, Praeter-Human Intelligence then ensues. Indeed a genuine Master of the House of God versed in Thelema 'retires from ritual and affiliation with groups'. He or she minds his or her own business, which, I admit, I'd think a terribly difficult task to do while amid info. and spin-doctor wars geared to either enslave or free beings. Compassion, though, it is written, is the vice of Kings and Queens. Fall where they may I guess. To hell with the good fight. It's all for few indeed.

      Love is the Law, Lover under Will;

      QDSh ThN

    • catherine yronwode
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2004
        --- In thelema93-l@yahoogroups.com, "QDSh ThN" <thn42@h...> wrote:

        > By the tenants of Mahayana Buddhism one who
        > crosses the Abyss is considered a Buddha.

        I am not terribly familiar with Buddhist terminology, but in what i
        have heard and read about it, i have never run across a concept like
        "crossing the abyss" in Buddhism. There is a Buddhist concept called
        "awakening," which is the process by which one assumes Buddhahood, but
        i am not certain that your identification of these two transformative
        states of consciousness with one another is widely accepted by
        Buddhists, who, after all, should have some say in the matter. I would
        be surious to know what some non-Thelemic, conventional Asian Buddhists
        had to say about this, because, frankly, the idea of relating a
        Magister Templi to a Buddha seems a bit to me like projection of
        Thelemic belief upon Buddhism.

        cat yronwode
      • chirohelp@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2004
          But, as much as I respect your viewpoint, I wonder.

          The intricate network of learning to quiet and then work at the
          molecular level; hence working with karma "decompression" is
          the core of insight. The Buddha when dying so the legend goes;
          was dying and told his assistant who in turned told a others, until
          at last a huge crowd amassed at his transition. He suffered not
          anyone to learn more until his dying moment so dedicated his
          heart to service.

          The Buddha is very much a different neter than a graduated babe
          of abyss. For the intrinsic aspect of Buddhahood is the
          acceptance of merit and hence because of the choice of
          compassion, exercises such and provides more merit for others.

          Merit is a gift, it is a sort of enligthenment tool; perhaps
          analogous to rubbing sticks or using a electric lighter to start a
          fire. With the rarefied fields of the Buddha Realms; of which the
          lower are available to most anyone in refuge in silla; one can
          make dramatic changes.

          The belief should not be the Buddha left himself behind for its
          sake, rather his compassion allowed him to do no other. It was
          that compassionate act, like that of the Christ; when undrestood
          in context insured a pathway and much merit along the way.
          Hard work for an aspirant andyet there is help.

          But the Buddha did not return in person after his death; but rather
          his neter expanded and then many more Buddha's were created.

          Aleister Crowley died a man of great magnitude and fame. His
          undying committment to magick and the installation of clever
          automatic rubrics in his thelemic rituals is the most anyone can
          do. He was afterall a magical avatar. Having ideas and
          concepts in my opinion that he felt helpful to others. His vocation
          was that of magi, and yet he transited just like buddha and left a
          skeleton of a system so as to be rediscovered and used by
          many more after.

          Nothing is in my opinion automatic in life. History or at least "the
          way it really happened" history is different than belief about it
          later in time. The symbolic death, the communion with the spirit,
          and finally the mystical ascension all seem to insure that it's
          crossing leaves options. Buddha was enlightened long before
          he died. If we transpose his experiences and station as
          crossingthe abyss we see clearly that he served humanity after
          his crossing.

          A.C. of course did the same.

          The fact of compassion, the fact of truely wanting to serve
          humanity can only be a kind gesture. Free will and thelema all
          create a matrix of possibility and potential.

          I am no person to vouch for a Thelemic MT, but I can say that the
          rubrics created by AC are important and seem to show me that
          he still existed on the earth plan through the heart, in the
          enchanted realms, and most of all as goad for work.

          Perhaps, then, he did stay back! But his person is gone, and
          equally as plausible, many who have crossed are not of magical
          path; and many of these have remained in the silence.
          Enlightenment is to me a pan-sexual, and world wide event, and
          at best we must know that surely one has choice. So intense
          must be the suffering of humanity, only a ego could leave a
          remnant of humanity in darkness. In that regard, the superficial
          affinities for a magical group are not necessary the reason, but
          rather the pretext and avenue for service.

          Nothwithstanding that anew path could be carved altogether.

          Anubis

          wrote:
          > > [someone wrote]
          > >
          > > One thing is certain, most people who encounter and cross
          the abyss and survive, retire from ritual and affiliation with
          groups.<

          > I for one think the above is as clever a vantage that can be
          linearly delivered by faculties of reason -- and the contempt and
          excuse to rise in mockery exhibited all of which a result of his or
          her own presupposed lack of Thelemic understanding.. Just so
          -- always just so.

          > By the tenants of Mahayana Buddhism one who crosses the
          Abyss is considered a Buddha. Compassion for fellow
          self-created and self-sustained projections unrealized as such
          who've neither experienced Oversoul's "river of soul" memories
          through the incarnations, or, and thus, do not have the choice of
          not incarnating again as a human being is propagated and
          cultivated in most sects of Buddhism. A Buddha is then almost
          expected by hir lineage and the din of its forebearers and cultural
          ancestors to renounce furthering hir own spiritual advancement
          and instead ever-seek to enlighten others so more may in time
          too experience themselves as a Buddha, or more precisely, a
          Bodhisattva. According to the Magister Templi Grade tasks in,
          "One Star in Sight", the Master of the Temple (Buddha), the
          Temple of which is the House and Lodge of God, after having
          been received into the S.'.S.'. by way of passage through the
          Abyss from Oversoul, has only one person whom he or she is
          bound by Oath and moral commitment regarding the Bodhisattva
          vow: the person whom he or she had introduced to The Order.
          The person who doesn't belong to a Thelemic Order isn't bound
          to this obligation, that is if they have the wit to understand and
          will to practice the A.'.A.'. system as a solitary and self-reliant
          practitioner.

          > To a Magister Templi, life, and all of its events, is a constant
          act, filled within it countless millions of actors, that in essence,
          are delusions within hir own sphere of sensation. The A.'.A.'.
          teaches that in which Buddhas are lucky to understand and
          make use of. All is illusion. A M.T. through the use of the
          Formulæ of the Rose Cross becomes in time a Magus, whose

        • chirohelp@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 13, 2004