Re: [t93] Re: Liber aL as plain text

  • aeliano
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2004
      Just to clarify: I mistyped "NUT" male for "NU" (male) in my original
      post.
      Thanks for your feedback.

      I studied Egyptology in London, (we used the Gardiner Grammar in a
      re-written form)

      As far as we learned, the "T" feminine that is put at the end could have
      been pronounced as -it or ti by the ancients.
      as modern scholarship doesnt really know which, or if both were
      pronounced.
      So Nu-it or Nu-ti could have both been correct in Egyptian.

      > it is possible to
      > read NTR - god, divinity - as literally "from the sky goddess Nut" -

      One thing though - the word god, NTR is actually pronounced 'Netjer"
      plural "Netjeru".
      This differentiates it from the purely feminine "T" sound, although many
      books, including
      crowley's print "Nuteru", which looks like an extension of the goddess.

      93/
      aeliano

      --
      http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?