Re: [t93] Re: BRH DBR

  • David R. Jones
    Message 1 of 102 , Jan 10, 2004
      Do what thou wilt

      Shall be the whole of the Law

      >Much like the religions Crowley stole from, and built his pseudo-
      religion upon, many of his theories are presently falling apart at
      the seams.

      Your system is based on Egyptian theology, which has certainly far from
      withstood the test of time by this very standard.

      >The concept of The Vision & The Voice is dependent on the
      belief that Hebrew language is a divine manifestation that bears
      absolute truth within its words.

      Nope, The Vision and the Voice is based on Enochian which has so far as
      anyone can tell, no basis in either Hebrew or Egyptian. What the hell
      are you talking about?

      >Paleographical research shows the Hebrew
      alphabet evolved from proto-scripts that were inpired by
      Egyptian hieroglyphics, and quite possibly invented by the Egyptian
      priests.

      There are competing theories on this issue and the weight of evidence still argues against this theory in favor of a Phonecian origin. I would be careful with the categorical assertions, but since you make them constantly about things that are frequently (vide supra) or far from certain, you only have yourself to blame for the tenor with which people often take your so-called research.

      >but in wading through the Herd (watch your
      step!) with the intention of uncovering the deceptions and delusions
      circulating among its members in an effort to unveil the truth.

      Are you including false and misleading statements like your own above in this evaluation?

      Love is the
      law, love under will

      David R. Jones

      Love Jones
    • Vincent Jennings
      Message 102 of 102 , Mar 8, 2007
        Colligo Carus <colligocarus@...> wrote:
        ben@... wrote:
        <<<<
        > 93
        >
        > A quote I cam across which seems pertinent to Thelema
        >
        > "We are not afraid to say 'Do what you will: act as you will', because
        > we are persuaded that the great majority of mankind, in proportion to
        > their degree of enlightenment, and the completeness with which they free
        > themselves from existing fetters, will behave and act in a direction
        > useful to society"

        I'm not sure why you relate this to thelema or the law thereof.
        It seems to be a rather blinded view of man. a restatement of the "scrub
        assumption."

        Can you chain the gap for me?

        Thanks. :)

        Care ALl,

        Can only speak from own personal experience. Performing one's True Will is the bottom line. A mind that is concerned with success is just as bound and tied up as a mind that is concerned with failure....bottom line, perform one's True Will and be not concerned with the end result. Being indifferent and unattached to results helps one perform actions. To many times the mind becomes warped with thoughts like "will this really work" or "what will others think"....The issue is not the end result----the issue is performing one's True Will. Unless one acts on True Will, you might as well be sitting in the Abyss.

        Love is the law, love under will
        V.*
        http://www.abbeyofthelemafilm.com

        [MODERATOR reformatted; top-posted; clarified quotation]