Re: [t93] Re: A question about the OTO.

  • aba@stud.ntnu.no
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 2, 2003
      > I perceived as an elitist viewpoint that clashes with what I think is
      > a central focus of Thelema, and which is summarized in TBOTL
      > as "Every man and woman is a star."

      I find this statement to be hilarious considering that the rest of the
      book advances elitism almost indiscriminately. In fact the prophet of
      your religion himself pointed out that the book advances the dichotomy
      between the noble and the serf.

      all best,

    • augoeides87
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 2, 2003
        --- In thelema93-l@yahoogroups.com, aba@s... wrote:

        > > I perceived as an elitist viewpoint that clashes with what I think is
        > > a central focus of Thelema, and which is summarized in TBOTL
        > > as "Every man and woman is a star."
        >
        > I find this statement to be hilarious considering that the rest of the
        > book advances elitism almost indiscriminately. In fact the prophet of
        > your religion himself pointed out that the book advances the dichotomy
        > between the noble and the serf.
        >
        > all best,

        i disagree.

        ch. 87 (last chapter of the Urn?) Confessions:

        Nothing can save the world but the universal acceptance of the Law of
        Thelema as the sole and sufficient basis of conduct. Its truth is
        self-evident. It is as susceptible of the strictest mathematical
        demonstration as any other theorem in biology. /It admits that each
        member of the human race is unique, sovereign and responsible only to
        himself. In this way it is the logical climax of the idea of
        democracy. Yet at the same time it is the climax of aristocracy by
        asserting each individual equally to be the centre of the universe./
        (emphasis mine)

        abrahadabra,
        augoeides87