Re: [t93] questions

  • Bill Heidrick
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2003
      93,

      >Who is the sister to who the letters in Magick Without Tears are
      >written?
      >I am interested in any information about her which anyone can provide
      >me with.

      A few to Jane Wolfe, but the great majority to Martha Kunzel.

      93 93/93
      Bill
    • paulrhume
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2003
        Dear Br. Bill -
        93,

        > >Who is the sister to who the letters in Magick Without Tears are
        > >written?
        > >I am interested in any information about her which anyone can
        provide
        > >me with.
        >
        > A few to Jane Wolfe, but the great majority to Martha Kunzel.

        Do you know where it kicked over? By letter 48, where AC discusses
        Sr. IWE's errors anent Hitler (and Hitler's errors of practice as
        well), he patently is not writing to her any more.

        I haven't had a chance to pick up the new edition, so forgive me if
        HB has already covered this editorial ground - stll working from the
        Regardie edition.

        Paul
      • Cavalorn
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2003
          In article <3.0.5.32.20031201060622.0079feb0@...>, Bill
          Heidrick <heidrick@...> writes
          >93,
          >
          >>Who is the sister to who the letters in Magick Without Tears are
          >>written?
          >>I am interested in any information about her which anyone can provide
          >>me with.
          >
          >A few to Jane Wolfe, but the great majority to Martha Kunzel.

          Er, what about Anne Mackey?

          Cav
          --
          Give me a woman who's taken her knocks,
          Who's tasted both gutter and stars.
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2003

            Bill Heidrick wrote:

            > >Who is the sister to who the letters in Magick Without Tears are
            > >written?
            > >I am interested in any information about her which anyone can provide
            > >me with.
            >
            > A few to Jane Wolfe, but the great majority to Martha Kunzel.

            uh, Bill... I hate to say this but it looks like you're mistaken. In the
            spring-summer 2002 issue of The Magical Link on page 6 I find:

            'Mrs. Anne Macky was an English student of Crowley's from Hertfordshire
            and a member of the A.'. A.'., in which she was Soror Fiat Yod. [...]
            The majority of the letters in Magick Without Tears [...] were addressed
            to her.'

            93 93/93

            -- Julianus

            “Nothing on the face of this earth -- and I do mean nothing --
            is half so dangerous as a children’s story that happens to be
            real, and you and I are wandering blindfolded through a myth
            devised by a maniac.”
            -- Master Li Kao (T’ang Dynasty)

            *** John’s Creeping Homepage of Doom ***
            http://www.kiva.net/~julianus/main.html
          • augoeides87
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 1, 2003
              --- In thelema93-l@yahoogroups.com, "paulrhume" <paulhume@m...> wrote:
              <snip>
              > I haven't had a chance to pick up the new edition, so forgive me if
              > HB has already covered this editorial ground - stll working from the
              > Regardie edition.
              >
              > Paul
              there's a newer version out? what year? any more info here?

              augoeides87
            • paulrhume
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 1, 2003
                > > Paul
                > there's a newer version out? what year? any more info here?
                >
                > augoeides87

                I think two neurons shorted together, and besides coming up with the
                wrong Sister (I gather) conflated the New Falcon editions of MWT and
                Law Is For All.

                (Hume retires to works more suited to his remaining intellectual
                capacity, to wit Ethel The Aardvark Goes Quantity Surveying).

                Paul
              • Bill Heidrick
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 1, 2003
                  93 Paul,

                  >> A few to Jane Wolfe, but the great majority to Martha Kunzel.
                  >>

                  >Do you know where it kicked over? By letter 48, where AC discusses
                  >Sr. IWE's errors anent Hitler (and Hitler's errors of practice as
                  >well), he patently is not writing to her any more.

                  No clue, other than internal evidence, as far as I am concerned. However,
                  see other posts in this string. Looks like I mis-remembered about Martha.

                  Another point to note: From Crowley's correspondence with Grady, it
                  seems some of the "letters" were fake, not actually sent to anybody but
                  made up for transition pieces between the genuine letters.

                  93 93/93
                  Bill
                • Bill Heidrick
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 1, 2003
                    93 All,

                    >> A few to Jane Wolfe, but the great majority to Martha Kunzel.
                    >
                    >uh, Bill... I hate to say this but it looks like you're mistaken. In the
                    >spring-summer 2002 issue of The Magical Link on page 6 I find:
                    >
                    >'Mrs. Anne Macky was an English student of Crowley's from Hertfordshire
                    >and a member of the A.'. A.'., in which she was Soror Fiat Yod. [...]
                    >The majority of the letters in Magick Without Tears [...] were addressed
                    >to her.'

                    I stand corrected. Bad memory, regarding the attribution of the letters.

                    93 93/93
                    Bill
                  • augoeides87
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 2, 2003
                      --- In thelema93-l@yahoogroups.com, "paulrhume" <paulhume@m...> wrote:
                      > I think two neurons shorted together<snip>
                      > Paul
                      heh. it happens. ;)

                      you had me excited there for a moment. this would be a great book to
                      learn more about/ have a new edition.

                      a87