Re: [t93] Heidrick Tarot Meditations

  • drjones@uci.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2003

      You'd have to ask Uncle Bill, but I seem to recall that in his class it had something to do with drinking Chartreuse };-)>

      Love Jones
    • Bill Heidrick
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2003
        93 Stephen,

        >In reviewing and practicing Bill Heidrick's Tarot Meditations, it
        >seems that there is no exercise for the Ten of Cups. Does anyone
        >know if this is by design, by accident, or what? If there is such a
        >final item, could someone tell me where to find it?

        That would be the version at:
        http://www.billheidrick.com/works/tarotmed.htm ?

        The class series ended there, and consequently I did not write the last
        meditation. In its place, for the 10 of Cups, I just did a goodby and have
        a good life thingee. The series ran for 42 consecutive meetings and had
        gotten down to just three attendees: two retired ladies and my significant
        other of the time. It was therefore a natural break point. The original
        plan was to do 78 weeks with slides and a three hour presentation on each
        card in the deck. That was a tad overly optimistic. I had the material
        but not Jason Lotterhand's drawing power. :-)

        Rather than just leave you there, here's a simplified overview of the
        slides used. I'll include the image material on the decans, since that may
        serve for meditation:

        The last class, on the 10 of Cups, 12th July, 1976 e.v.:

        Slide #1 -- Rider pack 10 of cups.

        #2 -- colors used for all tens in the G.'.A.'. system (displayed as a
        circular pattern broken into four zones for the four suits by tear-drop
        shapes.

        #3 variations: University book, Rider Pack and Albano.

        #4 BOTA (colored) -- Rider Pack and BOTA (not colored)

        #5 plate from Horizon magazine, Autumn '68, pp. 8-9: "The Roses of
        Heliogabalus" by Sir Laurence Alma-Tadema -- theme development.

        #6 Rider pack: 10 of cups, Moon Trump and Tower Trump -- showing the Tarot
        parts by the G.'.D.'. decan system that relate to 3rd decan of Pisces.

        #7 3rd decan image of Pisces, from a MS published in either Fritz Saxl's
        "Verzeichnis astrologisher und mythologischer Illustrierter Handschriften
        der lateinischn Mittelalters in Romishen Bibliothekan or "Dekane und
        Dekensternbilder by Wilhelm Gundel -- not sure which, at this late date,
        probably the latter..

        #7 was the main departure point for the lecture material, taking up the 3rd
        Decan of Pisces (ruled by Mars) and the "Perfected Success" key phrase.

        Most common decan image for 3rd Pisces: (Varahamihira and Achmet. Similar
        in Ludovicus.) A man in the woods near a cave. He has a snake about his
        body or his foot. He is distressed in fear of thieves and fire. In some
        versions he is naked. (Apomasar) He is occasionally shown with a lance
        wounding his body. Some versions show two men in this place, an older one
        and a younger one.

        Other versions (of the decan image for 3rd Pisces):
        (Picatrix 2 and Liber 777 -- slightly different in latter) A man full of
        sterness and cunning. With him is a woman holding a bird in her hand and
        mounting an ass.
        (Lapidario) A man holds a bird in hand while a stag stands before him.
        (Agrippa) A naked man, a younger man and a beautiful maid with flowers
        in her hair.
        (Kircher) A man leadin a ram.
        (Zahel) A naked man
        (Hermes Tris. -- Ruelhe) A coiled snake with a king's crown.

        #8 Visconti Sf. version.

        #9 Muller (IJJ), Marseilles and a typical Italian Tarocci versions.

        #10 Rigel and G. Etteillia versions

        #11 Kay and Crowley versions.

        #12 Zain, G. Bellini and Bauer versions.

        #13 Paladini and "Fez" versions.

        #14 "Nahoa," Sharpe-Cooke, Gross and Hurley-Hoyler versions.

        #15 Other "Nahoa:" Cane, Jaguar and Flower

        #16 Typical 10 cards from a Mogul Indian circular deck.

        #17 10 of Hearts from the "Gypsy Witch" and Le Normand decks.

        #18 Plate from Horizon, Winter '64, pp. 28-29, showing a 1470 e.v. love
        song book belonging to Bishop Jean de Montchenn.

        #19 Plate from Op.Cit, Autumn '75, p. 24, MS illo. of Love removing the
        heart from a sleeping king and giving it to Desire. -- in Rene of Anjou's
        "The book of the Heart Possessed by Love."

        #20 Rider pack 10 of cups to finish up.

        93 93/93
        Bill