RE: [t93] egregore

  • david
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 8, 2002

      >I'm looking for more in depth info on the word "egregore," such as
      etymology, concise definition, and relevant literature. Does anyone
      know anything?

      It is from the Gk. word. egeiro
      (episilon-gamma-episilon-iota-rho-omega): to rouse, wake up or awaken.
      from the rt. EGER (episilon-gamma-epsilon-rho). "Egregore" is from the
      perfect conjugation of the passive voice, but used in an active sense.
      Egregora (erpsilon-gamma-rho-eta-gamma-omicron-rho-alpha) meaning to
      awake; but also to keep watch or vigil, to rouse or stir oneself or even
      to be excited by passion. (Liddell & Scott 7th edt. 221). It appears
      frequently in the Odyssey and probably comes in the occult sense from
      the Gk fragments of I Enoch where it is used frequently in the aorist
      tense to describe antediluvian events.

      Love Jones
    • christitan9393 <christitan9393@zahadum.c
      Message 43 of 43 , Jan 4, 2003
        93's

        > Also, I think you mean 'holograph manuscript', not 'hologramic
        text'. :)

        Well, I'd like to say that I mean "hologramic-holograph text" and
        that I could brag about the giant 3-D Hologrmic Book of the Law that I
        was reading on Lam's Flying Intergalactic Laboratory, the Science
        Temple. You can walk through the pages and see how "the change shape
        of the letters and their position to one another" result in strange
        new combinations. As a human Beast I was not able to see the great
        complexities that the praying mantis philosophers enjoy but it was
        quite interesting.

        93 93/93
        Thanks for the kind reproach,

        Chris Titan