Re: [t93] The Greater Ritual of the Pentagramm

  • raha_montana
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 2002

      > I have a question, as a Thelemite why are you using the GR of the
      Pentagram,
      > which is a Golden Dawn ritual, and not using Liber V vel Reguli,
      which is
      > Crowley's reformulation of the rite?

      Good question! >;c) But i consider Liber V v.R. always as far
      more "special" than the "classic GRP" which is, put into a context of
      a certain given ritualistic work, a very helpful tool. Beside, i
      don't have any problems using G.D. rituals. If i do perform them,
      they loose all their "old aeonic" fashions!
      Although i love the Liber V v.r. and for banishing there is also
      Crowleys STAR RUBY an thelemic alternative for the lesser banishing
      pentagram.
      So you do never work the "classic" PTR's, for being a thelemite?

      > 93
      > 93/93

      regards
      Montana
      Follow thy Fortune, careless where it lead thee.
    • Stian Andorsen
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2002
        Personally I've always had a problem with this kind of attitude that to me almost seems like Crowley worship. Alot of thelemites seem to think that Crowley's rituals are "superior" to the Golden Dawn variants and will perform things like the Star Ruby instead of the LBRP, never realizing that the two rituals use completly different energies and are designed for different purposes and hence accomplish different rtesults. Liber Reguli, likewise is a completely different ritual from the GRP and I can't for the life of me understand why you would use them interchangeably
        I have a question, as a Thelemite why are you using the GR of the Pentagram,
        which is a Golden Dawn ritual, and not using Liber V vel Reguli, which is
        Crowley's reformulation of the rite?

        93
        93/93

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Solomon Grundy
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 2002

          The GRP is an elemental invocation/banishing ritual. Reguli is a
          ritual for invoking the energies of the New Aeon.

          Apples and oranges.

          > which is
          > Crowley's reformulation of the rite?

          So?

          As Uncle Al himself was wont to point out on occasion,
          Thelema != Crowley.

          > 93
          > 93/93
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Service.

        • KhensuRa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 11, 2002

            I am not a Crowley worshipper. I have my own ideas and opinions about things.
            If you were to study what the purpose of the two rituals are you will see
            they serve the same end, and invoking pentagram ritual. Now Samekh as a
            pentagram ritual is a different rite altogether although it does have similar
            elements present within its framework. The difference between Reguli and the
            GRP is that Reguli brings the magician in tune with the energies of the Aeon
            of Horus.

            93
            93/93
          • KhensuRa@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 11, 2002

              Obviously you have failed to notice that Reguli is an elemental Invoking rite
              as well. I wonder what it is that you do. Do you use the GRP and then reguli
              in the same go? Don't you think that it would be a bit redundant? What do you
              think the averse pentagrams are for? Its a symbol that causes spirit to
              materialize on the physical, i.e., invocation. Interesting that you should
              use the apples and oranges analogy, yes they are different but they are both
              fruit. Just as the GRP and Reguli are a bit different but serve the same
              purpose.

              93
              93/93
            • Timo F Knopf
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 11, 2002

                > Obviously you have failed to notice that Reguli is an elemental
                Invoking rite
                > as well.

                Obviously you have failed to to notice that the Greater
                Ritual of the Pentagram per Liber O Chapter 4 is a rite
                of invocation *and* banishing.

                Do you say V is a rite of banishing *and* invocation as well?

                >I wonder what it is that you do. Do you use the GRP and
                >then reguli
                > in the same go?

                Not at all! I use Liber V to align myself with the energies
                of the Aeon of Horus, and the GPR to invoke or banish
                elemental energies (on the astral plane for example).

                >Interesting that you
                should
                > use the apples and oranges analogy, yes they are different but they
                are both
                > fruit.

                Yes... and the GRotP and Liber V are both rituals...
                your point being?

                > Just as the GRP and Reguli are a bit different but serve the
                >same
                > purpose.

                This shows your basic misunderstanding of the GRotP.
                It's use is *not* to invoke the energies of the aeon
                of Horus, as is the stated purpose of Liber V in Liber
                V itself. For the purpose of the GRotP, see above.

                93 93/93
                Timo
                Socket Puppet #1
              • KhensuRa@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 12, 2002

                  Obviously you have failed to notice that Liber O is an old document and most
                  of the rituals were replaced. I wonder, you must also use the LBRP as opposed
                  to the Star Ruby using this logic.

                  I never said that the GRP had anything to do with the Aeon of Horus.

                  Evidently you need to read the History lection.

                  All these rituals of old are defunct.

                  I also advise you to reread liber Al.

                  93
                  93/93

                  I am a Rovelli Sock puppet. I am the first of many. Don't you want to be one
                  of us?