Re: Magical Diaries of the Beast 666

  • d_a_hulse
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
      The period covered is as follows:
      1914-1920- Magical Diary, Sept. 3, 1914-Dec 29,1920 The Magical
      Record of the Beast (Symonds, John, editor), Montreal: The Next Step
      Publication, 1972.
    • Krishadawn11@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2002
        In a message dated 1/3/02 1:03:43 PM Pacific Standard Time, rikb@...
        writes:

        > This is totally from memory, but I'm thinking about 1917 to 1921
        > or thereabouts. It starts around the time he wrote the upper degree OTO
        > instructions and covers several years -- maybe up to (and not
        > including) about the time of the Aesopus island retirement? I'm not
        > sure exactly, but that should give you an idea.

        1914 to 1920.

        The other more common diary is later, starting 1923.

      • tanzendstern93
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2002
          93 folks

          --- In thelema93-l@y..., Krishadawn11@a... wrote:
          > In a message dated 1/3/02 1:03:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          rikb@h...
          > writes:
          >> This is totally from memory, but I'm thinking about 1917 to 1921
          >> or thereabouts. It starts around the time he wrote the upper
          >> degree OTO instructions and covers several years -- maybe up to
          >> (and not including) about the time of the Aesopus island
          >> retirement? I'm not sure exactly, but that should give you an
          >>idea.
          >
          > 1914 to 1920.

          1914 to 1919 tho' is the sex-magick diary Rex de Arte Regia
          only, and not even all of that; the diaries of other workings
          from this period such as the Amalantrah Working and Oesepus Island
          retirement should be in Equinox IV (3) when that appears (ha ha...).
          The bulk of the book is the full diary for most of 1920 from just
          before the start of the Abbey of Thelema at Cefalu.

          > The other more common diary is later, starting 1923.

          The Skinner edition of the diaries (first pub. 1978 or so,
          recently reprinted in p/b with the laughable statement "first
          authorised edition" on the imprint)covers a part of 1923 only,
          including the writing of the commentary on Liber LXV.

          regards,
          dancingstar