  • Krishadawn11@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
      Perhaps Choronzon is really all the people around you who reflect something (
      however exaggerated). All the people in my life are certainly caricatures
      of portions of what I would have considered 'me'.

      On the other hand, I also know that in the past, teachers I had remarked on
      occasion that the abbey students were direct reflections of portions of them
      too.
    • Mermaid
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
        From: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

        Krishadawn wrote:
        >Perhaps Choronzon is really all the people around you who reflect
        something >(however exaggerated). All the people in my life are
        certainly >caricatures
        >of portions of what I would have considered 'me'.

        >On the other hand, I also know that in the past, teachers I had
        remarked >on
        >occasion that the abbey students were direct reflections of portions of
        >them
        >too.

        Why do you call this phenomenon Choronzon? I would agree that there is
        a kind (and degree) of reflection going on, but I hold a different view
        of persons in my world and perhaps this view is best explained by the
        Net of Indra (Buddhism). By Net of Indra, I mean briefly that there are
        no beings existing in isolation; all beings exist in an interconnected
        field. Each being is reflected in all other beings who also mirror back
        to a given being his or her own reflection.

        As for Choronzon, I see 'it' is an aspect of myself that I visit fairly
        often and whether I like it or not is likely to be with me until it is
        completely integrated (??). In any case, I would rather not project
        this aspect of myself on to others. It could be argued that each of us
        has Choronzon within and therefore Choronzon is to some degree reflected
        throughout the Net, but this is not the same thing as saying "[p]erhaps
        Choronzon is really all the people around you who reflect something
        (however exaggerated)." In my view, there is much more to my self and
        to other selves than Choronzon and, again, I do not see the reflections
        throughout the Net *as* Choronzon.

        BTW, I found Tyson's understanding of Coronzon (his spelling)
        interesting. The link was recently shared on another list:
        http://dontyson.tripod.com/answer1.html

        Love is the law, love under will

        mermaid