Re: Gematria 418

  • David Allen Hulse
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
      To: khidr
      Thanks for your interesting input. By 1979 I was convinced that the
      serial order of English was its true key to numbering The Book of the
      Law. 22 years later I no longer have such keen confidence in any one
      code for English. I truly believe that English is numbered by a
      multitude of codes, each offering some deep insight into the possible
      numerical pattern for the English Alphabet.
      I also worked with the serial order for the IU code of Liber 27.
      However I never shifted the value to 0 through 25 for I through U.
      This was done to my own code of AZ=1-26 by another Qabalist who had
      knowledge of my own research with some startling results.
      When I numbered all 220 verses of the book using the simple value of
      A=1 and Z=26 I found that one verse totaled to 666. That was the
      10th verse: "Let my servants be few & secret: they shall rule the
      many & the known."
      J D Holmes of Washington has been kind enough to publish my series of
      3 little booklets detailing the Genesis of The Book of the Law as an
      extended timeline, especially in regards to its innate Qabalah.
      Holmes has also approached me on writing an overview of the many
      varied codes for English which have cropped up in the last 20 years.
      Though I have hesitated to do such a work, your input has stimulated
      me again.
      Since I have published THE KEY OF IT ALL series, many would be
      Qabalists have sent me their own divine revelations concerning the
      numerical structure of English. Some are clever, some are darn
      insightful, but most are murky at best. The net has allowed even more
      proofs to see the light of day, and I am still motivated to try to
      draw most of them together under one cover. Regardie towards the end
      of his life wanted to write LIBER NUTZ, which was a compendium of
      personal letters from individuals claiming to be the reincarnation of
      Crowley. I am tempted to use this same title for such an overview.
      Again, a traditional image of the secret lore of the Qabalah has been
      a garden of nut trees, for the nut (especially the walnut) has always
      served as a symbol for the human brain enclosed by the skull.
      Thanks again for your feedback-
      David Allen Hulse