possibly a new member

  • leehack
    Message 1 of 82 , Oct 2, 1999
      Not sure if I belong here or not. I work as a Law
      Clerk for a mid-size firm in Ontario, Canada. By the
      sounds of it, Paralegals in the US and Law Clerks in
      Canada, do the same type of work. <br><br>The firm I
      currently work with specializes in Civil Litigation, which
      consists of personal injury, motor vehicle accidenta,
      medical malpractice, labour and employment law,
      solicitors negligence, real estate litigation, maritime law,
      aviation law, etc... We do not deal with real estate
      closings or buyings, family or criminal. <br><br>I am a
      member of The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario, which
      is recognized by the Law Society of Upper Canada. I
      am also a member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers
      Association - Law Clerk Division.<br><br>I work for one of
      the partners in our firm. A secretary works with us
      as well. There is a team of three. I do everything
      from, initital interviews with clients, responding to
      daily mail, draft pleadings such as claims, defences,
      motion records, factums, trial records, book of
      authorities, etc..., trial prep, interview witnesses, prep
      witnesses before trial, attend and conduct Mediations,
      Pre-Arbitration Hearings, attend at trial and Arbitrations. The
      list goes on.<br><br>I wanted to give you a little
      back ground of what I do to see whether or not I could
      be a member of this club. Not sure if I qualify.
    • amklaw_with_mwb_1_i_most_want
      Message 82 of 82 , Nov 16, 2001