This may be crazy, but...... (tag William, Emily, Willie)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2013
      (near Ali Masjed, April 1885)

      Jack looked around.  "I think we are back in Khyber Pass, in our time."

      William went up to Jack and said, "What's the day and date in your time?"

      "Uh, if we are back in our time, it is April 1, 1885."

      "Oh, darn! I should have known it would be April Fool's Day. I hope your Patrick hasn't done anything bad."

      Sita, her usual strength of personality draining away at the thought of losing the other seventeen children, couldn't care less about what an "ancestor" was doing!  "William!  William!  We have to do something!  The other children are back on Bruin, hundreds of years from now!"

      <William>

      Miriam and Saya looked at Willie.  "You have seventeen brothers and sisters?"  said Saya.  We only have a brother and a sister, and they are just babies."

      <Willie>

      "How did you get that many brothers and sisters?"

      <Willie>

      Sita looked at the other three adults.  "We have to get back to Bruin XIX!  As soon as possible!"  She sat on a rock and started crying.

      <William>

      <Willie>

      "I'm sorry," said Jack but there's nothing we can do; only the mist, when it comes up, can transport a person through time.  But, wait!  There are many things in the universe that we don't know about or that we don't understand, and I know that some of these things happen in these mountains where we are.  Many strange things happen in the Himalayas."

      Sita looked up.  "Like what?"

      "You can never tell, but I have a thought.  It's the only thing I can think of to do, although it might sound crazy."

      <William>

      <Emily>

      "When Patrick and Lakshmi got married, they went to a holy man who lives in a cave on the side of a mountain outside of Ali Masjed village.  The only thing I can think of to do is to go and get Patrick and Lakshmi and ask them to take us to the holy man.  He has, I'm sure, much esoteric knowledge about the nature of the universe.  Maybe he can suggest something.  I know that sounds crazy but it's the only thing I can think of to do.  Shall we try it?"

      "I'll try anything!  Anything!" said Sita.

      <William>

      <Emily>

      TBC

      Jack de Montfort