Jack: Such a nice day (tag Emily)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2012
      ((Ali Masjed))

      Jack and Emily turned in after a very good evening at home. Jack smiled at his wife and said, "Shall we?"

      “With pleasure, love.”

      After an enjoyable night, with both activity and sleep, they got up, and Jack got the breakfast and took care of the children while Emily got things ready for a ride into the hills for a picnic.
      On the way out, Jack noticed Saya and Miriam looking at the hills.

      “Are you girls looking for something?”

      “Father, only to see if there are any caves.”

      Jack rolled his eyes. “No caves!” He looked at Emily. “Tell them, Emily! No caves!”

      “Sorry, girls; your father is right. We do not want to mess with time caves anymore. They are far too dangerous."

      “But, mummy,” said Saya, “would it not be fun?”

      “Sorry, no; a nice open field will do me fine.”

      Jack smiled, quite relieved.  Emily often appeared the stern opposite of her brother, but she, just as often, had the same mischievous twinkle in her eyes.  Still, he thought he and Emily should keep a sharp eye on the girls.  And, he wondered about John and little Emily.  Would they have the Tindall mischievousness?  And, that made him think about Patrick.  How many children would he and Lakshmi end up with?  They already had a gracious plenty with seven.

      They came upon a grove of trees, which would provide shade.  “Why don’t we have our picnic, here, in the shade.”

      “Yes, Daddy,” replied the girls, slightly disappointed that there were no caves in sight.  Only, what neither they nor Jack and Emily knew was that there were two caves behind the grove of trees.

      They got into the shade and found an open, flat area where they could sit.  Soon, everything was unloaded, and they were eating little sandwiches prepared by Emily.  After a while, Jack was feeling pleasantly full.  Saya and Miriam were full, too, and full of energy.

      “Mummy, Daddy, can we go look around in the woods?”

      Jack frowned.  “I don’t know.  Who knows what might be in those woods?”

      Seeing their disappointed looks, he relented a bit.  It was such a nice day.  He looked at Emily.  “What do you think, Emily?”

      <Emily>

      TBC

      Jack de Montfort
      Ali Masjed