RE: [thekhyberpass] Will it be one, or will it be multiple? (tag Jack)

  • Bronwyn Tindall
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2011

      Kim

      Wasrthere a reply foe emily.

      Bronwyn

      From: thekhyberpass@yahoogroups.com [mailto:thekhyberpass@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of k.b. charles
      Sent: Wednesday, 27 July 2011 1:49 a.m.
      To: thekhyberpass@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [thekhyberpass] Will it be one, or will it be multiple? (tag Jack)

      ((Bombay, British India))

      Jack and Emily are winding up their honeymoon in Bombay, when she becomes sick.  They summon the hotel doctor, who asks her some questions, then concludes that she is pregnant.

      "Jack, are you pleased?"

      Jack was totally relieved.  "Darling Emily!"  He came and put an arm around her.  "I couldn't be more relieved and happy!"  He gave her a kiss on the cheek.

      Dr. Gadsden smiled, happy to see a happy couple.

      "Doctor, my family has a history of multiple births.  Is this just a single?"

      Dr. Gadsden frowned and thought.  "I would say, if you haven't had babies before now, that there is a good chance of multiple births."

      "Oh, Doctor!" exclaimed Jack, "that is most welcome news!"  His arm still around his bride, he said, "We were just packing to return home from our honeymoon.  Everyone will be most happy at the news, but none more than me!"

      "Yes, dear; mother will be delighted at more grandchildren.  Maybe if it's twins, we will have one of each."

      "I'm sure they will. They'd probably like at least one brother."

      "That is good, sir," said the doctor.  "If you need me, I'm hereabouts.  I bid you a good day, sir and ma'am."  He left.

      Jack embraced Emily and said, "This is the most wonderful news, Emily!  I love you.  I know we will have a good family."

      "I know, Jack; I am so pleased that mother sent me out here.  I did not want to come at first but I am glad I did."

      "Now, you must be careful.  I know we can take on some help when we get home, to help Lhasa out."

      "Yes, Jack I understand.  The girls will be thrilled at the news. Should we send a cable or runner on ahead or surprise them ourselves?  And, we better get some new  material while we here. Can you do that for me?  I need a couple of larger dresses and material for baby clothes."

      "That is very easily arranged.  We can arrange to stay one or two more days for that sort of shopping, if you wish.  And, I'd wait and surprise the girls.

      "Thank you, love.  Are you sure the Colonel will not mind?  I will be glad to see our daughters."  It felt strange saying it.

      He put his arms around her and kissed her.  "Darling Emily, the love of my life!"

      He held her for a moment, relishing the contact with her body, which aroused his passions.

      "I love you, too,  Jack.do you think it's too early to feel the babies moving?"

      <Jack>

      "I know, love, but you know our family history."

      <Jack>

      TBC

      Jack & Emily de Montfort,
      Bombay