462Indra wants to be a soldier, too (Tag Jack, Indra, Lakshmi)

    Oct 26, 2013
      ((Ali Masjed))

      After finishing his work, Jack went home to Emily and the four kids.  He kissed Emily and thought about how they would have some more fun, later on, in their
      bedroom.  “How are you, my love?”

      Hugging her husband, Emily replied, I’m well; it will not be long until the baby is born.”

      “Things are going well for the party.  Do you think you’d have time to do cook some of the food?”

      “Of course; what would you like?”

      “I think some pots of medium strength, so to speak, curry, would be appreciated.  I have become adjusted to Indian cuisine, I guess.  Maybe you could talk to Lakshmi and see what she’s doing.”

      Emily smiled.  “They’re coming over to taste this stew.  I thought we could use it at the party.”

      <Jack>

      At that point, Sayankala came up to her parents and said, “Mummy, daddy, can I wear a soldier costume to the party?  I want to be a soldier, like daddy, when I grow up.”

      Jack smiled.  “What do you think, Emily?”

      “Yes dear you may be a soldier.  Who knows what the future holds; one day, they may allow women in the army.  What do you think, Jack?”

      The thought of a whole bunch of women in uniform and in combat took him a moment to conceive but then he remembered Sita Tindall.  “Well, women have fought in the past.  Perhaps someday, in the future, the Army will have them.  I wouldn’t be surprised.”

      Emily was thinking of Sita Tindall, but of course it was many years in the future.

      Saya smiled.  “Oh, then I can have a soldier suit?”

      “Well, we are in India, so why don’t we get you a suit like the ancient Indian amazons used to wear.

      “Amazons?  Daddy, what are amazons?”

      “Amazons are women warriors.  They fought with shields and swords and wore armor.”

      “All right!”  Saya went off to tell Miriam.

      Jack turned to Emily.  “Can I help you with supper, my love?”

      Handing him a knife, she said, “Will you do the onions, love?  I am making a stew for a change.  With a twist you have to guess what I put in it.  And, the girls as well. For tonight, we are all having supper together.  And, the Tindalls are coming over.  Did Patrick tell you?”

      <Jack>

      Lakshmi was giving Patrick the news at that moment.

      <Lakshmi>

      “When did you to discuss this plan?”

      <Lakshmi>

      “I’ll be on my best behavior.” Off duty, Jack was his brother in law, as well has his superior officer.

      <Lakshmi>

      Indra came in.  “Dahdee, may I be a soldier like Sayankala? She just told me over the fence.”

      “We’ll see what mummy says.”

      <Lakshmi>

      “Or, what about a nurse?  And, how are your lessons going?”

      <Indra>

      They employed a governess to help both the Tindall and de Montfort children.
      TBC

      The de Montforts and the Tindalls
      Ali Masjed