450Going Home (tag Clifton, Colonel, Jack)

    May 21, 2013

      (Ali Masjed)

      Due to mishaps in the time caves, William, Sita and Willie have ended up at Ali Masjed, on April 1, 1885. They and the de Montforts came to the post in time to see Patrick and the Colonel. They all decide to pick up Lakshmi and go see the holy man who lives in a mountainside cave, outside Ali Masjed village.  Upon his advice, they go to the cave at sunset, and William and Sita prepared to step into the mist in the cave.

      As sunset approached, they made their way to the entrance of the time cave, and sure enough, a breeze blew down from the mountains and into the cave.  Jack thought he saw the mist in the cave, but he didn't care to go in and verify it.

      He looked at William, and said, "Well, I think this is the time.  Good luck.  On parting, people usually say they hope they meet again, but I think it is best to hope that we don't meet again; still I wish you all the best for your career."

      Patrick added, "Take care of yourself my boy, and try and stay out of trouble."

      William replied, "I'll try great uncle, and I think it will be the last time we meet. I'll look you up in the history books."

      Sita embraced Lakshmi and Emily.  "I know we are friends, but I hope we don't see each other again, in this life."

      Emily said, "We're friends, always, Sita, and I hope your life will be a very happy and a long one.  You may find has in the family Bible, if it still exists in your time."

      Lakshmi nodded and smiled.

      Sita then grabbed Willie's hand, and looked at William.  "Babuji, let's go."

      William took his wife's hand with one hand and Willie's with the other, and they walked into the mist.  Thankfully, they came out to find a crew of Starfleet officers waiting for William on the other side, including a rather irate Captain Clifton.

      "I guess I have some explaining to do sir.  And by the way, a happy April fools day; I think I pulled rather a god one this year," he added, with the trade mark grin on his face."

      <Clifton>

      Meanwhile, back in 1885…..

      Lakshmi looked at Pahtreck.  "Babuji, let's go home."

      Jack smiled.  "I second the motion, eh, Emily?"

      Patrick said, "Yes, let's go get the kids.  My little Indra will be waiting for us."

      Emily looked at him.  "First, Patrick, you have an apology to make.  I don’t think the Colonel will have left yet."

      "That’s for Jack to decide, not you."

      "Get moving before I take you myself."

      Patrick looked at Jack, without much relief.

      <Jack>

      Soon, the party arrived back in camp.

      Laskmi and Emily took the kids home, and Jack lead Patrick to the Colonel's office.  They both went in and saluted.

      "It's too dark, now, sir, but the time caves should be sealed tomorrow.  By then, the future Tindalls should be safely back in their own time."

      <Jack>

      "And, I have an apology to make.  I'm sorry about the tea, sir, and I'll pay for a replacement."  With a grin, he added, "Did either of you check the sugar and salt?  With a huge grin, he said, "You never learn sir; you've got be up pretty early to catch me out."

      <Colonel>

      <Jack>

      The Colonel turned to leave the office.

      Patrick said, "You're kidding, are you not, sir?"

      Patrick reflected that the Colonel wasn't kidding, as  he took up his position on the gate, at attention, as Jack went home to his family.

      TBC

      The Tindalls and the de Montforts
      Bruin XIII & Ali Masjed

      -  K. B. Charles