Re: [The Justice Society] Comics and religion

  • Allen Neuner
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, "Andy E. Nystrom"
      <wo991@v...> wrote:

      > Similarly, it's unsurprising that not too many of the characters
      listed are atheists. When you've actually had coffee with a few
      deities, it becomes harder to claim they don't exist. :)

      > I think the site itself is pretty good. One problem though is that
      it claims to only list fictional characters yet it lists God (who is
      real to believers in God) and Jesus Christ (who is even real to some
      atheists, only as an historical figure/humanitarian rather than as an
      aspect of /son of God). <

      My problem with the site came in the religious category of two
      characters. Green Arrow's religion was listed as "liberal communist"
      (those whirring sounds you hear are Marx and Engels spinning in their
      graves, to hear communism called a religion). J. Jonah Jameson's
      religion was listed as "hating Spider-Man" (and, I suppose, Jameson
      fills the role of the Pope in that religion).

      -- Allen