Re: [The Justice Society] New file uploaded to thejusticesociety

  • Kristofer Theilen
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 1, 2005
      That's cool. I may have to go buy the S&S back issues
      due to all of the golden age references in them.

      I just wish they would bring back the Danette Reilly
      Firebrand...

    • Allen Neuner
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 2, 2005
        --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, Kristofer Theilen
        <mavrck31@y...> wrote:

        > I just wish they would bring back the Danette Reilly Firebrand... <

        Not unless they bring her back from the dead. In S&S it's revealed
        that she was killed by the Dragon King years ago.

        And now, a "didja know?" item: One of the Quality characters DC
        owned the rights to was Wildfire, a young woman who could control
        fire and flames. The story I've heard is that when All-Star Squadron
        was being formed they were thinking of giving Danette Reilly the code
        name "Wildfire", but the DC brass thought there might be too much
        confusion with the same-named member of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
        So they looked around, found the Quality character Firebrand, decided
        to use the name because of the word "fire", and made Danette the
        sister of the original Firebrand, Rod Reilly. (By the way, movie
        buffs, "Rod Reilly" is the name of the detective character played by
        Fred Astaire in the "Girl Hunt" ballet in "The Band Wagon".)

        -- Allen, almost way-too-old for this stuff