JSA at Pulse

  • Graeme Fitzgerald <graefitz@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
      There's a feature item on the JSA currently posted at Pulse :
      http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/pulse.cgi?http%3A//www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi%3Fubb%3Dget_topic%26f%3D36%26t%3D000571

      Happy 2003, everyone :-)
    • earth1redbee
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
        "Graeme Fitzgerald wrote:

        > There's a feature item on the JSA currently posted at Pulse :
        > http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/pulse.cgi?http%
        3A//www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi%3Fubb%3Dget_topic%26f%3D36%
        26t%3D000571

        > Happy 2003, everyone :-)

        Though much of this was akin to "old news," I found it a pleasant
        read, and even read all of the subsequent posts, which I rarely do.
        The best suggestion I saw among them was to show some of the new Dr.
        Mid-Nite's supporting cast in JSA.

        The one outrage, to me, was reading this note:

        > Plus keep in mind, it makes sense for DC to keep as
        > many characters that they have copyrights for in print.
        > They lost the copyright to Adventure Comics by being lax.

        Because Adventure was my single favorite title during my formative
        years (1970s, into the Dollar Comic years), I find this to be
        inexcusable!

        Rich B.
      • Graeme Fitzgerald <graefitz@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
          Yep, but is it true, Rich? Adventure Comics was one of the books that
          DC published in the 1999 'JSA Returns' event... how fast does
          copyright run out? If they lost Adventure in less then 3 years, then
          they must have also lost all of those other anthology titles too. Or
          had they previously lost Adventure Comics, and then regained it by 1999?

          --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, earth1redbee <no_reply@y...>