Heroclix, anyone?

  • jtbfan2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1 5:15 AM
      I'm always after any JSA collectibles - there are so few out there -
      and the DC Heroclix set has three nice ones - Hawkman, the Flash and
      Solomon Grundy.

      Has anyone else picked up this stuff? These are collectible miniature
      figures that form the basis of a fun game. There are about 130 DC
      figures in the first DC set (Marvel already has two out), and you form
      teams based on a character's point value. Each character has values
      for strength, movement, defense and damage on the dial, along with
      color-coded abilities that simulate the hero's or villain's powers.

      Each base character comes in three versions - rookie, experienced and
      veteran, to indicate the character's arc in the comics. What's great
      about this set is that the JSA is one of the dozen recognized team
      affiliations, so you can finally start building and playing a JSA
      team. The sculpts, while only about an inch and a half tall, are
      really impressive. Hawkman, however, is the only figure in the first
      set to carry the JSA logo. His experienced and veteran versions are
      JSA, while his rookie is in the JLA.

      Now the Flash, our Jay Garrick, is a "unique" figure - one of the ten
      really rare ones in the set. He's much, much harder to find - at a
      recent show, he was being sold for $30! - and he's very powerful in
      the game, more powerful than the Wally West/Flash figures. I was
      disappointed that the Flash doesn't carry the JSA affiliation and then
      someone else pointed out to me that the figure bears the stripes Jay
      had on his pants when he first started out--before he joined the JSA.
      (Wizkids does an amazing job matching character history to the
      figures).

      I for one am hoping for another DC expansion set with more JSA
      members. It's a nice collectible, hi
    • dominic_lopez
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6 12:36 PM
        --- In thejusticesociety@y..., "jtbfan2000" <jtbfan2000@a...> wrote:

        > I for one am hoping for another DC expansion set with more JSA
        > members. It's a nice collectible, hi

        I've got a bunch of these. There will definately be more expansion
        sets as the JSA team designation is meaningless in game terms unless
        there is more than one member of the team. The rules list a Green
        Lantern team as well, but there were no Green Lanter fugures in the
        first set. I couldn't believe they has a figure for Dove, but not for
        Wonder Woman. I assume they are holding her back for the second set
        as well.