Re: [The Justice Society] World's Finest #250 Index Entry

  • rob newton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2002
      thanks . that team up he was a part of ranks as one of the best jsa/jla team ups have have ever read and got me in to comics. I guess you remember oracle who sent them out but was never really heard from again.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2002
        Toward the end of my comic book collecting, I began picking up
        Superman books I had seen on the rack when I was little but didn't
        buy or books advertised in other comic books. i would track them down.
        I even bought books other people on the school bus had had.

        I went to the comic book shop and described one book in particular
        with Superman, Batman and Gold of the Metal Men on the cover I had
        seen at the Liberty Grocery store decades ago. The man obviously knew
        that if he had the book, it had to be World's Finest, as he went
        straight to it. Batman, in the hospital and with an oxygen mask on
        his face, is being unplugged by Gold as Superman looks on.

        Anyone else ever tracked down a book like this? One that had been so
        obscure you didn't even know the title of the book, just remembered
        the picture and it is now in your collection?
        I had to do the same thing with two Black Magic books. One I didn't
        even know it was a Black Magic; the one with the thing in the attic.