Re: ENOUGH! MY Wizard2001 report! Fina

  • LadyObie33
    Message 1 of 5018 , Sep 1, 2001
      jorge,<br><br>Thanks for the info
      :-)!<br><br><< I told him that I took it home with me and I
      scanned it onto the web and I made photocopies of it and
      sold them at the show as Bootlegs! bwa hahaha!
      given the chance, not just joke about it.<br><br>I
      really do think DC (& other comic companies) should keep
      anything & everything they wouldn't want all of us to know
      ahead of time as close to the vest as
      possible.<br><br>They have to consider they have no of controlling the
      behavior of the fans who go to these cons.<br><br>Sure
      most fans are kindly respectful people who wouldn't
      even consider doing something so heinous but all it
      takes is one straw to break the camel's back.<br><br>So
      unless DC wants the plot of, say for example JLA 65,
      laid out on the 'net for the the whole world to see 6
      months prematurely they'd better be more careful with
      what they spill & what they don't.<br><br>Sure a few
      ashcans, previews & even hints from pros at cons as fan
      bonuses are fine but DC has to consider their
      vulnerability & act accordingly as best they can.
    • Richard J.
      Message 5018 of 5018 , Sep 15, 2002
        Come in on the ground level with this show and it makes sense.
        Sort of.
        The Lana/Lex/Kal El connection as toddlers is interesting and
        believable. Maybe a bit much with Lana's parents being killed in the
        meteor shower, but Lex's hair loss, as much as it may have been
        disliked at saying this was why he hated Superman his old childhood
        chum, is interesting with saying it was the meteor that caused him to
        loose his hair.
        I remember a forty year old comic book story that showed baby Kal El
        throwing his Kryptonian rattle from the rocket ship and it scared a
        snake away from baby Lois Lane who was on a picnic. Endless
        connections like that used to annoy me, but these were okay.
        The meteor shower on Smallville? Bit heavy.
        John Schneider has grown into a believable figure after being a Duke
        boy, whichever one he was. Give him another five or ten years and he
        could play scientists, like Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four, very
        convincingly.
        Actor playing the young Lex is doing good too. Lana is a bit of a
        miss. She doesn't say small town.
        Lana having a necklace from the meteor that killed her parents is
        creepy, but attention-getting also.
        Still, a meteor shower? Talk about armageddon.
        Always liked Annette O'toole.
        Episode two: Clark saves the star on the football team from a wreck
        when his truck explodes. This encounter seems to be news to Martha
        Kent, bringing about this question. If she didn't know about his
        indestructibility, then how was Clark's hair cut as a child?
        I know this has been covered in comic books, but wondering how the
        show might explain this?
        Or has this been covered in comic books? How Ma and Pa Kent figured
        out how to cut the baby's hair and trim his finger nails?
        He was much younger in the fifties show when they told him he was
        from outer space. Still wonder how they might have kept up his
        hygeine? anyone know?