Sorry I had to bail on last nights chat.

  • mlg32000
    Message 1 of 5018 , Jul 1, 2001
      Sorry I had to leave the chat so fast last
      night.<br>Major thunder storms hit my area of Massachusetts and
      lasted until well past 11 p.m. These were so severe that
      trees went down, hail the size of quarters hit, cats
      loving dogs (opps been watching Ghost Busters again). It
      was, however, extremely bad and you do not want to
      have a tv or a computer on while that kind of storm is
      going on. You also don't want to be on the phone. Since
      I'm fond of my computer,I thought it an extremely
      good idea to leave the chat and shut down AS FAST AS
      POSSIBLE!<br>I see this a.m. that the club picture is not
      viewable. I know Yahoo is a free site and all, but I can't
      see them objecting to a request for help. After all
      pictures are a major part of any of the Yahoo sites.
    • Richard J.
      Message 5018 of 5018 , Sep 15, 2002
        Come in on the ground level with this show and it makes sense.
        Sort of.
        The Lana/Lex/Kal El connection as toddlers is interesting and
        believable. Maybe a bit much with Lana's parents being killed in the
        meteor shower, but Lex's hair loss, as much as it may have been
        disliked at saying this was why he hated Superman his old childhood
        chum, is interesting with saying it was the meteor that caused him to
        loose his hair.
        I remember a forty year old comic book story that showed baby Kal El
        throwing his Kryptonian rattle from the rocket ship and it scared a
        snake away from baby Lois Lane who was on a picnic. Endless
        connections like that used to annoy me, but these were okay.
        The meteor shower on Smallville? Bit heavy.
        John Schneider has grown into a believable figure after being a Duke
        boy, whichever one he was. Give him another five or ten years and he
        could play scientists, like Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four, very
        convincingly.
        Actor playing the young Lex is doing good too. Lana is a bit of a
        miss. She doesn't say small town.
        Lana having a necklace from the meteor that killed her parents is
        creepy, but attention-getting also.
        Still, a meteor shower? Talk about armageddon.
        Always liked Annette O'toole.
        Episode two: Clark saves the star on the football team from a wreck
        when his truck explodes. This encounter seems to be news to Martha
        Kent, bringing about this question. If she didn't know about his
        indestructibility, then how was Clark's hair cut as a child?
        I know this has been covered in comic books, but wondering how the
        show might explain this?
        Or has this been covered in comic books? How Ma and Pa Kent figured
        out how to cut the baby's hair and trim his finger nails?
        He was much younger in the fifties show when they told him he was
        from outer space. Still wonder how they might have kept up his
        hygeine? anyone know?