Re: [The Justice Society] Re: Self-promotion: JSA THE LIBERTY FILES WHISTLE SKULL WHISTLE stuf

  • mavrck31@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2012
      Amen. Well stated.

      From: percivalpop <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Sender: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 04:32:05 -0000
      To: <thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [The Justice Society] Re: Self-promotion: JSA THE LIBERTY FILES WHISTLE SKULL WHISTLE stuf

      Sad to say, but true, that the new Earth 2 title doesn't include ANY members of the team this Yahoo Group is named after. I really enjoyed the earlier Liberty Files, though, and look forward to the new one. An "Elseworlds" story, well-executed. In that context, I'm OK with variations on canonical JSA. I suppose, in "that context," I should consider pretty much everything after Flashpoint as a nightmarish Elseworlds tale. Hope it ends one day and order is restored to the universe. You just can't call the current group of characters the JSA, at least not with a straight face. If you like 'em, great, fine. Not for me, though. Hope we see the real JSA after a few years of this misguided experiment.

      Meantime, yeah, psyched about the new Liberty Files ...!

      --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, Michael Norwitz <michael@...> wrote:

      > It has more connection to the JSA than the other comics DC is putting
      > out now ...

    • michael dunne
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2012
        I have slowly come to the realization that 2011-2012 was actually 1956. That's when the Silver Age Flash debuted and the old order changed. This is pretty much the same, the difference is the change was so much larger since the DC universe is so expansive now.

         So when they refer to the Justice Society or present something that appears to be the JSA it is simply something that has the same name and NOTHING else.   (The DC blueprint for this has been played out in the 90s with the abuse of the Archie- MLJ-Red Circle heroes and again in 2010. Same might be said for the THUNDER Agents, sadly unlike the MLJ heroes DC now owns the THUNDER agents. What a shame BOOM was not able to buy them, just think what Mark Waid could have done with these legendary characters.)

        Just as a lot of the Silver age characters have somewhat similar uniforms but really are cherry picked for what facts they want to keep and everything else is discarded.

        There is a wonderful article right now over at Comic book Resources asking is Warner Brothers ( DC parent company) embarrassed by their DC characters four dolor roots, one might ask the same of DC which is ignoring a legacy of 75 years.

        So DC has their new Universe but none of my dollars. That is a simple economic reality, if you don't like something don't buy it. I have said it before and I'll say it again, there is a reason why the " improved, better, New Coke" died a consumer death. I wish the same fate on the nudc.

        As for the Liberty files, I did not support the first project because the look and feel of this project was not the JSA I support, my consumer approach.

        Am I the only one who bought comics at an early age because I thought a hero's uniform was great looking and wanted to read his adventures?
        regards
        Michael