HI

  • Barry Walker
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2012
      Hi,

      Hope you get this on time. I made a trip early this week to Makati city, Philippines and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight.I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me.I await your response.

      Barry
    • jfglade
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2012
        This has the earmarks of a scam. Why would someone send a message like this to a nearly defunct yahoo group instead of to someone specific. I suspect Barry's identity has been stolen and whoever has it now is phising for a big old carp.

      • mavrck31@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2012
          If you know him, send him an email telling him he's been hacked. I had this happen to my hotmail account about 3 years ago.

          From: "jfglade" <jfglade@...>
          Sender: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 15:06:10 -0000
          To: <thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [The Justice Society] Re: HI

          This has the earmarks of a scam. Why would someone send a message like this to a nearly defunct yahoo group instead of to someone specific. I suspect Barry's identity has been stolen and whoever has it now is phising for a big old carp.

          --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, Barry Walker <bengrimmatbaxterbuilding@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Hope you get this on time. I made a trip early this week to Makati city, Philippines and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight.I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me.I await your response.
          >

          > Barry

        • Barry Walker
          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2012
            Not me;my spelling,grammar,and punctation are far superior to that.
            ------------------------------
            On Thu, May 3, 2012 11:06 AM EDT jfglade wrote:

            >This has the earmarks of a scam. Why would someone send a message like this to a nearly defunct yahoo group instead of to someone specific. I suspect Barry's identity has been stolen and whoever has it now is phising for a big old carp.
            >
            >--- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, Barry Walker <bengrimmatbaxterbuilding@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> Hope you get this on time. I made a trip early this week to Makati city, Philippines and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight.I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me.I await your response.
            >>

            >> Barry

          • Barry Walker
            Message 5 of 9 , May 3, 2012
              On it.Thanks. The Real Barry Walker