Re: [The Justice Society] Earth-2

  • Esteban Pedreros
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 12, 2012
      The new JSA book has been announced, it's called "Earth 2" by James Robinson and Nicola Scott, and it will be launched in May
      http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-01-12/dc-comics-unveils-six-new-series/52504982/1

      http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-01-12/Seven-facts-about-six-new-DC-Comics-series/52510592/1

      DC also announced a new book called "World's Finest" starring Huntress and Powergirl. Both characters are from Earth 2 and will be trapped on Earth One (or New Earth, I'm not sure about the name), and trying to get back to their Earth. Paul Levitz writes, with pencils from George Pérez and Kevin Maguire who will alternate on the book.

      Esteban - "My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity".
      --
      Comic Verso - http://cverso.blogspot.com
      Ocio Crónico - http://ociocronico.blogspot.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 13, 2012
        I think I'd like the idea of the World's Finest book better if they simply set it on Earth 2. Leave the "stuck in a world they never made" schtick to Howard the Duck.

        Seriously, I think the idea is going to get old in a hurry. Maybe if they intro the book with Huntress and Power Girl stuck on Earth-DCnu, and send them home after an initial 4-issue story arc, that might work.

        I'm curious to see how Robinson handles the JSA without David Goyer. I know, he did great things on the Starman book, but when he took on the whole team, he had help. I suspected Goyer was the real force on the writing there, and when he left the book after working with Geoff Johns for a while, I thought my point was proven. Johns floundered for a while, and I never thought his JSA stories were as good solo as they were when he worked with Goyer. Robinson, OTOH, has gone on to give us such gems as Cry for Justice and the Brightest Day-related JLA/JSA story. This doesn't fill me with confidence.

        Do we know if the Earth 2 still has a Superman and Robin, if it had the All-Star Squadron during WWII, and if there is/was a Black Canary there?

        And what year is it on Earth 2?

        da 'Cat!