YOU HAVE FOUR DAYS TILL MICHICON 2011 THE TWO HOTTEST DAYS OF GAMING THIS SUMMER

  • Bone Daddy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011

      MichiCon  2011 June 10-11

      Michigan's Hottest Two-Day Summer Gaming Festival

      Metro Detroit Gamers (MDG) is pleased to announce MichiCon 2011! MDG has been running popular gaming conventions since 1972, and this year you can expect even more gaming goodness!

      Gamers galore are welcome to attend for all kinds of fun gaming events: board games, collectable card games, miniature games, role-playing games and many other games at our tables.

      Join us for fun and gaming good times!

      MichiCon 2011 happens Friday, June 10th, 2PM-11PM and Saturday, June11th, 8AM-11PM at the Oakland Center, Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.

      Admission Fees                                                                                                                                                              Value After 4PM

      Friday, June 10th                                                          Adult:      $6

      Friday, June 10th                                                          Youth:     $4*

      Saturday, June 11th                                                 Adult:      $12                                              $6

      Saturday, June 11th                                                 Youth:     $8*                                                $4*

      Two-Day Deal                                  Adult:      $15

      Two-Day Deal                                  Youth:     $10*

      *Aged 15 and under when accompanied by a paid Adult admission. Pay one price and play all day (Friday 2pm to 11pm and Saturday 8am to 11pm). With very few exceptions, there are no additional event fees.

      MichiCon 2011 Amenities

      • The Oakland Center at Oakland University provides comfortable, clean gaming spaces including a fireplace lounge, computer kiosks, etc.
      • MichiCon 2011 features door prizes, raffles, and a great selection of prize opportunities. Event participants get drawing tickets, with event winners getting additional drawing chances for prizes.
      • Please review our Convention Accommodations page at the Metro Detroit Gamers website and book your hotel rooms.

      Attendees should plan to bring snacks and beverages. Numerous restaurants are available nearby including the Oakland Center Subway.

      Contact the MDG Staff:

      mdggamingevents@...

      Metro Detroit Gamers Website:

      http://metrodetroitgamers.wordpress.com/

      Convention Accommodations:

      http://tinyurl.com/MDGhotels

    • jfglade
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
        I gave Mr. Daddy the benefit of the doubt on this since we could have a few members who would be interested (are you going, David?)I'm not, and I suspect most of us aren't. If Mr. Daddy attempts to post a message a day until the "event" starts, without showing any signs that he considers us anything but potential customers his membership here will be deleted. There's a thin line between a plug and outright spam. I'm curious to see if Mr. Daddy will cross that line.

      • mavrck31@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
          Good call.

          From: "jfglade" <jfglade@...>
          Sender: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 00:49:54 -0000
          To: <thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [The Justice Society] Re: MICHICON 2011 The Two Hottest Days Of Gaming This Summer (Maybe)

          I gave Mr. Daddy the benefit of the doubt on this since we could have a few members who would be interested (are you going, David?)I'm not, and I suspect most of us aren't. If Mr. Daddy attempts to post a message a day until the "event" starts, without showing any signs that he considers us anything but potential customers his membership here will be deleted. There's a thin line between a plug and outright spam. I'm curious to see if Mr. Daddy will cross that line.

          --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, "Bone Daddy" <Bone_Dddy@...> wrote:

          > MichiCon 2011 June 10-11
          >
          > Michigan's Hottest Two-Day Summer Gaming Festival
          >
          > Metro Detroit Gamers (MDG) is pleased to announce MichiCon 2011! MDG has
          > been running popular gaming conventions since 1972, and this year you
          > can expect even more gaming goodness!
          >
          > Gamers galore are welcome to attend for all kinds of fun gaming events:
          > board games, collectable card games, miniature games, role-playing games
          > and many other games at our tables.
          >
          > Join us for fun and gaming good times!
          >

          > MichiCon 2011 happens Friday, June 10th, 2PM-11PM and Saturday,
          > June11th, 8AM-11PM at the Oakland Center, Oakland University in
          > Rochester, Michigan.
          >

          > Admission Fees
          > Value After 4PM
          >
          > Friday, June 10th
          > Adult: $6
          >
          > Friday, June 10th
          > Youth: $4*
          >
          > Saturday, June 11th
          > Adult: $12 $6
          >
          > Saturday, June 11th
          > Youth: $8* $4*
          >
          > Two-Day Deal Adult: $15
          >
          > Two-Day Deal Youth: $10*
          >

          > *Aged 15 and under when accompanied by a paid Adult admission. Pay one
          > price and play all day (Friday 2pm to 11pm and Saturday 8am to 11pm).
          > With very few exceptions, there are no additional event fees.
          >

          > MichiCon 2011 Amenities
          > * The Oakland Center at Oakland University provides comfortable,
          > clean gaming spaces including a fireplace lounge, computer kiosks, etc.
          > * MichiCon 2011 features door prizes, raffles, and a great selection
          > of prize opportunities. Event participants get drawing tickets, with
          > event winners getting additional drawing chances for prizes.
          > * Please review our Convention Accommodations page at the Metro
          > Detroit Gamers website and book your hotel rooms.
          >
          > Attendees should plan to bring snacks and beverages. Numerous
          > restaurants are available nearby including the Oakland Center Subway.
          >
          > Contact the MDG Staff:
          >
          > mdggamingevents@... <mailto:mdggamingevents@...>
          >

          > Metro Detroit Gamers Website:
          >
          > http://metrodetroitgamers.wordpress.com/
          > <http://metrodetroitgamers.wordpress.com/>
          >

          > Convention Accommodations:
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/MDGhotels <http://tinyurl.com/MDGhotels>

        • Darci
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
            Besides, the real con in Detroit is the Fanfare, a tribute to Shel Dorf and Jerry Bails.
            Thanks,
            Darci