Re: [The Justice Society] Back in the Day (was: Dr. Mid Nite)

  • xmscity1225
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1 11:37 AM
      --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, goddessangelsuccubus@... wrote:

      Never it is never done

      Didn't they just last year (or possibly two years ago) change some groups into a more Facebook-like format, only to have enough people complain about it and change things back eventually?
    • goddessangelsuccubus@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1 11:45 AM
        Yes

        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        From: "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@...>
        Sender: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:37:11 -0000
        To: <thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [The Justice Society] Back in the Day (was: Dr. Mid Nite)

        --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, goddessangelsuccubus@... wrote:

        Never it is never done

        Didn't they just last year (or possibly two years ago) change some groups into a more Facebook-like format, only to have enough people complain about it and change things back eventually?

      • Wallyoeste
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1 12:38 PM
          I have no idea.... back in the day I liked the way groups worked where you had to log-in to yahoo and visit the groups. but there were also the e-groups (I think that's the name), where you could just send and receive e-mails.
          I didn't like that, i'm not really sure why, I guess that I was more stubborn than now or it might had to do with the storage capacity of e-mail accounts back in the day, something that Gmail changed and everybody followed suit.

          I'm not sure they ever copied facebook... as omnipresent as it is nowadays, is not that old and it only became popular 3 o 4 years ago. Maybe they tried to copy Myspace, but if they did so, that was a bad idea and I most certainly wouldn't have wanted the groups to function like that graveyard.

          Esteban - "My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity".
          --
          Comic Verso - http://cverso.blogspot.com
          Ocio Crónico - http://ociocronico.blogspot.com

          2011/4/1 xmscity1225 <xmscity1225@...>
          --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, goddessangelsuccubus@... wrote:

           Never it is never done

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             thejusticesociety-digest@yahoogroups.com
             thejusticesociety-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
        • goddessangelsuccubus@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1 12:40 PM
            No they tried hence why 360 became pulse

            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

            Message 5 of 18 , May 20, 2011
              I had applied to join the group, and I'm still waiting for confirmation!
              (I think that's a DEFINITE sign that it's been abandoned!)

              --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@...> wrote:

              Talk about "fizzled out"! It looks like the last three messages posted in that group are:
              * Oct. 19, 2005
              * April 28, 2006
              * Dec. 9, 2007!
            • Esteban Pedreros

                Message 7 of 18 , May 21, 2011
                  The Doc & the Midnighters group, like this one, was founded by Don Richardson back when Yahoo had Clubs instead of Groups. Don had some sort of problem with his Yahoo registration after the conversion of Yahoo Clubs to Groups, and could not enter his own group at Doc and the Midnighters. Grahame, one of the handful of moderators Don also appointed to this group, ran the Doc and the Midnighters group for a year or two after the conversion, then faded away. His Justice Society of America website also faded away around 2005, and I don't know anyone who has heard from him in years. I would assume that Grahame would be the one who set up the Doc and the Midnighters group so that membership had to be approved, and he isn't likely to still be getting Yahoo e-mail. The group also had another moderator in Scott Mateo, who also disappeared around 2005 or so when he got married.

                  Xmscity isn't likely to get his membership for the group approved, and a logical question to ask would be why he would want to join a group that is dead as a doornail. If he wants to start a Yahoo Dr. Mid-Night group, he could certainly do that; I'd be willing to transfer anything from Don's old group to the new group, if he wants (and it certainly wouldn't be my first priority). Short of that option, he may as well forget having anything to do with that group. There are a few Dr. Mid-Nite stories in the files section, so images in the photos section, and a few links probably all of which are dead.

                  This isn't the complaint department. There are plenty of dead groups that were started to honor solo members of the Justice Society of America. I don't know of a one that is still active, but there could be an exception or two.

                  So It Goes,
                  Jon
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/allstarsatwar

                  --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, Esteban Pedreros <wallyoeste@...> wrote:

                  > Why don't you try sending him an e-mail, maybe he can make you a moderator
                  > and then leave the group... it shouldn't take him more than a few minutes.
                  > He is probably not using his yahoo account
                  >

                  > Esteban - *"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity".*
                  > --
                  > Comic Verso - http://cverso.blogspot.com
                  > Ocio Crónico - http://ociocronico.blogspot.com
                  > Sinapsis Literaria - http://tlitab.blogspot.com
                  >

                  > 2011/5/20 xmscity1225 <xmscity1225@...>
                  >
                  > > I had applied to join the group, and I'm still waiting for confirmation!
                  > > (I think that's a DEFINITE sign that it's been abandoned!)
                  > >
                  > > --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Talk about "fizzled out"! It looks like the last three messages posted in
                  > > that group are:
                  > > * Oct. 19, 2005
                  > > * April 28, 2006
                  > > * Dec. 9, 2007!

                  > --

                • jfglade
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 22, 2011
                    I've got a flooded basement and I'm in a harsh mood. Xms never was in the group, and his "footnote" was that he's applied for membership and had been waiting. I just happened know the history of that group and went into a long explanation about why he's likely not going to get admission, even if he followed your previous advice. I did mention that this is not the complaint department, so he won't be posting new messages about each dead group he discovers.

                    Message groups are certainly in decline, and more people use Yahoo for its mail services than anything else, apparently. I still use it for comics based role playing games, because it works better, in my opinion and experience, than any other free system.

                  • Dr. MidNite
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 11, 2011
                      Actually, I started the group but was locked out during the conversion. Back in the day, I had several ID's which, for some reason, were also screwed up. I have tried several times to get Yahoo to let me take the group back but without any luck at all. They would rather have a group just sit there with no activity than let a proven moderator keep it active. On the other hand, Yahoo just loves having groups that only has spammers post.

                      In any event, Doc and the Midnighters is dead and has been dead for years. There appears to be nothing anyone can do about it. Still, I am not hiding from anyone and I am just curious as to why Xmscity never contacted me directly if he had any questions about the group.
                      I still moderate some 35 or so groups and try to keep them active and still scan and post goldenage comics when I have the time.

                      Right now, it is baseball season and I find most of my time is being spend on fantasy baseball. Come the fall, I already have a dozen golden agers ready to scan and my activity level on the groups will pick up. I do check my email every day, no matter what. I even get the daily heads up from yahoo that lets me know what is going on in my various groups.

                      Dr. Mid-Nite can be found over at my Hero and Villain group if anyone is interested in fan fiction, games, and items of that nature.

                      (O_O)
                      Don

                      --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, "jfglade" <jfglade@...> wrote:

                      > The Doc & the Midnighters group, like this one, was founded by Don Richardson back when Yahoo had Clubs instead of Groups. Don had some sort of problem with his Yahoo registration after the conversion of Yahoo Clubs to Groups, and could not enter his own group at Doc and the Midnighters. Grahame, one of the handful of moderators Don also appointed to this group, ran the Doc and the Midnighters group for a year or two after the conversion, then faded away. His Justice Society of America website also faded away around 2005, and I don't know anyone who has heard from him in years. I would assume that Grahame would be the one who set up the Doc and the Midnighters group so that membership had to be approved, and he isn't likely to still be getting Yahoo e-mail. The group also had another moderator in Scott Mateo, who also disappeared around 2005 or so when he got married.
                      >
                      > Xmscity isn't likely to get his membership for the group approved, and a logical question to ask would be why he would want to join a group that is dead as a doornail. If he wants to start a Yahoo Dr. Mid-Night group, he could certainly do that; I'd be willing to transfer anything from Don's old group to the new group, if he wants (and it certainly wouldn't be my first priority). Short of that option, he may as well forget having anything to do with that group. There are a few Dr. Mid-Nite stories in the files section, so images in the photos section, and a few links probably all of which are dead.
                      >
                      > This isn't the complaint department. There are plenty of dead groups that were started to honor solo members of the Justice Society of America. I don't know of a one that is still active, but there could be an exception or two.
                      >
                      > So It Goes,
                      > Jon
                      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/allstarsatwar
                      >
                      > --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, Esteban Pedreros <wallyoeste@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Why don't you try sending him an e-mail, maybe he can make you a moderator
                      > > and then leave the group... it shouldn't take him more than a few minutes.
                      > > He is probably not using his yahoo account
                      > >

                      > > Esteban - *"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity".*
                      > > --
                      > > Comic Verso - http://cverso.blogspot.com
                      > > Ocio Crónico - http://ociocronico.blogspot.com
                      > > Sinapsis Literaria - http://tlitab.blogspot.com
                      > >

                      > > 2011/5/20 xmscity1225 <xmscity1225@>
                      > >
                      > > > I had applied to join the group, and I'm still waiting for confirmation!
                      > > > (I think that's a DEFINITE sign that it's been abandoned!)
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@>
                      > > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Talk about "fizzled out"! It looks like the last three messages posted in
                      > > > that group are:
                      > > > * Oct. 19, 2005
                      > > > * April 28, 2006
                      > > > * Dec. 9, 2007!

                      > > --

                    • xmscity1225
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 12, 2011
                        I didn't really have "questions" about the group . . . was just interested in joining it to see whether it had any potential or not. (And it looks like the answer is . . . "not any more".)