Cool it on trying to add new photos for a few days...

  • jfglade
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16 11:20 AM
      There are two photos already waiting to be approved, and I'm unable to approve them. Your previous photographs didn't need to be approved, and I expect that what has happened is that you've filled a photo album to the saturation point and that album won't hold any additional photo scans. Try starting a new photo album for the overflow, and please don't attempt to post any for the next thirteen days so the ones waiting for approval now will just fade away.
    • mavrck31@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16 11:45 AM
        I was approving a bunch of them, but I've gotten busy between both jobs lately.

        From: jfglade
        Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:20:33 -0000
        To: <thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [The Justice Society] Cool it on trying to add new photos for a few days...

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16 2:51 PM
          I've also approved a few of them in the past, but nothing happens now when I try to approve them now. I know only you and I, and whatever other moderators are still around can see the approval notice on the front page, or get the notices that there is a photograph to be approved, but I find the new development to be distracting and I want the problem to stop. Why do we have to approve some covers, but not others? I don't really understand what is going on.

          --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, mavrck31@... wrote:

          > I was approving a bunch of them, but I've gotten busy between both jobs lately.

        • xmscity1225
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17 11:33 AM
            I think all the covers have finally caught up . . . I've broken the one album down into several other smaller albums, based on time periods, and will hold off on adding anything for a while while we wait to see what happens with Yahoo.
          • jfglade
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 18 1:26 PM
              --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@...> wrote:

              > I think all the covers have finally caught up . . . I've broken the one album down into several other smaller albums, based on time periods, and will hold off on adding anything for a while while we wait to see what happens with Yahoo.

              There aren't any photos waiting to be approved now, and I don't know if we were looking at a Yahoo glitch, or if my original attempt to approve them finally took effect, or if Dave was able to approve them (no record of that in the administrion activity), or what but I think you are probably safe adding more photos now.

              I think most people probably never look in the photo sections, the files section, or anything else except current messages, although I could be wrong about that. You may have noticed that we seem to have a paucity of discussion about the Justice Society (any version) of late, so if you, or anyone else, has anything to say about favorite version(s) of the group, the current series, why you buy don't buy the current series, or anything else of that nature, it would be appreciated.

              Take Care,
              Jon (co-moderator)