Off Topic: Invitation

  • Kristofer Theilen
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2007
      The All Star Role Players Group

      We play an RPG based in the World War 2, post-All Star Squadron era from the perspective of the Crisis on Infinite Earths having had a different outcome. For instance, we've still got Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and the rest as possible player characters as well as the retcons like Fury, Iron Munroe, and Flying Fox.  Right now we only have 5 or 6 active players and would like to find some more players.

      It's interactive fiction in the PBEM mode (email). The gamemaster writes a piece and whoever responds next writes a piece, with the proviso that you give the other player a chance to respond instead of writing all completed actions.

      Players can chose up to 3 characters at a time.

      It makes for a nice diversion.

      We use the characters from the Justice Society, the All Star Squadron, Quality, Fawcett, and a few others. We added in characters from the Canadian Whites that published during the war. Blue Beetle from Fox Features as well, but we haven't bitten the bullet and incorporated other Fox Features...yet.

      The main rules of the game are "no killing someone else's characters without permission" and "no one-punching", don't write your actions to give the other players no chance to respond.

      If you're interested come on by and check us out at the All Star Role Players Group on Yahoo, just follow the link.

      Right now, the mainstay characters are Jester, Judomaster, Mr. Terrific, and Dollman.  Most of the other characters get rotated through fairly consistently.  I might even be willing to let someone take Starman from me if they wanted.

      We currently have 2 active stories and at least 3 planned ones for early 08, including a story using a modified version of Infinity Inc.  We already introduced Brainwave Jr in a recent story, and are building up toward a future story.  I can easily work a new player into the story For My Country 2, which has about a month to six weeks left to it.

      Thanks,
      Kris Theilen

    • Kristofer Theilen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2008

        http://games. groups.yahoo. com/group/ allstarroleplaye rs/

        We use the characters from the Justice Society, the All Star Squadron, Quality, Fawcett, and a few others. We added in characters from the Canadian Whites that published during the war. Blue Beetle from Fox Features as well, but we haven't bitten the bullet and incorporated other Fox Features...yet.

        The main rules of the game are "no killing someone else's characters without permission" and "no one-punching" , don't write your actions to give the other players no chance to respond.

        If you're interested come on by and check us out at the All Star Role Players Group on Yahoo, just follow the link.

        Right now, the mainstay characters are Jester, Judomaster, Mr. Terrific, and Dollman.  Most of the other characters get rotated through fairly consistently.

        We currently have 2 active stories and at least 3 planned ones for summer 08, including a story using golden age villains.  We already introduced Brainwave Jr in a recent story, and are building up toward a story called Time War that splits the heroes into the past, 2006, and the far future before wrapping up.

        Thanks,
        Kris Theilen
        (Mavrck31)