Re: [The Justice Society] Re: Favourite JSA or JSA Related Writers and Artists

  • fdurso@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      mine are:

      Paul Levitz
      Joe Staton
      Bob Layton

      followed by:

      Len Wein
      Dick Dillin
      Frank McClaughlin

      Frank "there have been so MANY" D'Urso

      From: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
    • David McMahon
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        Gardner Fox

        fdurso@... wrote:

        > mine are:
        >
        > Paul Levitz
        > Joe Staton
        > Bob Layton
        >
        > followed by:
        >
        > Len Wein
        > Dick Dillin
        > Frank McClaughlin
        >
        > Frank "there have been so MANY" D'Urso

        > From: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:thejusticesociety%40yahoogroups.com>

      • Randy Meyer
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2007
          I'd have to put Len Wein up on the pedastel of THE favorite JSA related
          writer. Simply because he wrote the very first JLA/JSA story I ever
          read. It's also the very first comic book I ever bought. DC Blue
          Ribbon Digest #11 that reprinted the JLA and JSA's combined quest to
          save the Seven Soldiers of Victory. I was 9 years old when that digest
          came out.

          Man, even after all these years, that is still probably my very
          favorite story of all time. It not only introduced me to the comic
          book versions of the Superfriends but also intorduced me to the multple
          earths concept. I was a lover of it from that very book.

          Dick Dillin was the artist of that story and he's been on that pedastel
          too. Also up there would be Geoff Johns. Love his current stuff. I
          love everything else that's been done in between. I'd rather reread an
          issue of the 70's All-star Comics revival or an issue of All-star
          Squadron than almost anything else in my collection these days. Heck,
          I even reread certain issues of Infinity Inc and Young All-Stars every
          once in a while.

          Really, I love anything that uses the Godlen Age DC heroes. They're
          all 'golden' to me.