Current JSA Roster

  • habarakhe4
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 26 11:55 PM
      Who's in it?
    • fdurso@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 27 10:17 AM
        Technically there is NO roster because the comic is on hiatus until the new THE Justice Society OF america comes out.....

        Frank "or at least until i've READ it" D'Urso

        From: thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com
      • earth1redbee
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2006
          > Technically there is NO roster because the comic is on hiatus
          > until the new THE Justice Society OF america comes out.....
          >
          > Frank "or at least until i've READ it" D'Urso

          Well, how about discussing the current roster of the Earth-2
          equivalent of the Teen Titans? I couldn't help but notice that two
          recent issues of "52" (which I generally can't afford to keep up with)
          introduced a new Infinity Inc. lineup.

          Another seemed to introduce a new Dr. Fate --or at least a likely
          candidate. If any of you have read those issues, do you have
          comments/reactions? With SPOILER SPACE, of course.

          Rich B.
        • c_midnite
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2006
            --- earth1redbee <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > > Technically there is NO roster because the comic
            > is on hiatus
            > > until the new THE Justice Society OF america comes
            > out.....
            > >
            > > Frank "or at least until i've READ it" D'Urso
            >
            > Well, how about discussing the current roster of the
            > Earth-2
            > equivalent of the Teen Titans? I couldn't help but
            > notice that two
            > recent issues of "52" (which I generally can't
            > afford to keep up with)
            > introduced a new Infinity Inc. lineup.
            >
            > Another seemed to introduce a new Dr. Fate --or at
            > least a likely
            > candidate. If any of you have read those issues, do
            > you have
            > comments/reactions? With SPOILER SPACE, of course.
            >
            > Rich B.

            I haven't received my 4 or 5 latest issues (getting
            comics monthly through the mail these days), but I
            would be happy to discuss once I see them.

            I am a little puzzled by the "earth-2" note though
            Rich. I thought, to my disappointment, that everyone
            was still on one earth following the last crisis. Am
            I wrong?

            And a new Dr. Fate you say? I guess Hector was still
            missing? There were a lot of books in that last
            Crisis and I just couldn't keep up.

            Sean
          • Wallyoeste
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2006
              I resist to call that new group "Infinity Inc", that is a pervertion of the name.
              52 sucks

              Esteban
              --
              Comic Verso: La Sinapsis Comiquera http://cverso.blogspot.com  (ACTUALIZADO!!! al 01/10/06 - Mutantes for Dummies: Genesis Mutante - Por Alberto Calvo).
              Mi Blog: Ocio Crónico http://ociocronico.blogspot.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2006
                There is no Earth 2...

                What happens is that as a concept, Infinity inc, wich was from Earth 2, has some similarities with the Teen Titans, both as formed by young heroes who are related to the main group, the JSa and the JLA.

                So, what Sean meant is that there is a new Infinty Inc on the pages of 52 period.
                as a complement you get the info that Infinity inc has was some sort of mirror version of the Titans, but from eath 2. The current infinity inc has no relation whatsoever with the previous one, nor with the titans.

                Esteban
                --

                2006/10/2, c_midnite < c_midnite@...>:
                I haven't received my 4 or 5 latest issues (getting
                comics monthly through the mail these days), but I
                would be happy to discuss once I see them.

                I am a little puzzled by the "earth-2" note though
                Rich.  I thought, to my disappointment, that everyone
                was still on one earth following the last crisis.  Am
                I wrong?

                And a new Dr. Fate you say?  I guess Hector was still
                missing?  There were a lot of books in that last
                Crisis and I just couldn't keep up.

                Sean

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto: thejusticesociety-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:thejusticesociety-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 3, 2006
                  Estaban replied:

                  > There is no Earth 2...

                  I guess, though I thought in one recent comic (I can't remember
                  which--Brave New World, maybe?) I thought there was a hint of a
                  second Earth/parallel universe, though if there's only one it could
                  just as easily be a Silver Age Earth-1 as our beloved Earth-2.
                  Besides which, at least some current JSAers remember the Golden Age
                  Batman et al, so there's clearly a weird after-effect of Infinite
                  Crisis' formation of New Earth (or whatever there calling it).

                  > What happens is that as a concept, Infinity inc, wich was from
                  > Earth 2, has some similarities with the Teen Titans, both as
                  > formed by young heroes who are related to the main group, the JSa
                  > and the JLA.

                  And that's basically why I referred to II as an Earth-2 team.
                  Except for that monthly's few Post-COIE issues, the team never
                  really had much exposure or relevance after Earth-2 was eliminated
                  (individual appearances by some members notwithstanding), so I still
                  think of it as an Earth-2 team.

                  > So, what Sean meant [actually me, Rich; Sean was replying] is that
                  > there is a new Infinty Inc on the pages of 52 period.
                  > as a complement you get the info that Infinity inc has was some
                  > sort of mirror version of the Titans, but from eath 2. The current
                  > infinity inc has no relation whatsoever with the previous one, nor
                  > with the titans.

                  Out of respect for my favorite comic shop's owner I try not to read
                  comics that I don't buy, so I'm not sure what the entire new II
                  lineup is, but I thought [MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD] there was at least
                  one original II member plus another who uses the name of a previous
                  Infinitor. On the other hand, I did notice a member who is a legacy
                  of an early Action Comics hero, and not a JSAer.

                  Despite my cranky comments yesterday, I don't usually object when a
                  superteam diversifies its membership. For example, it was fine by
                  me when the Teen Titans started adding members who didn't have a
                  mentor in the JLA. However, if a long-dormant team gets a new
                  lineup (7 Solders, Infinity Inc.) that bears very little resemblance
                  to the original, well-established one, then I say why bother reusing
                  the name? Surely writers are talented enough to create new names
                  for teams!

                  Interestingly [ANOTHER SPOILER AHEAD], so far it appears that the
                  new Freedom Fighters will reuse all of the original members'names --
                  and yet it was a late Silver Age creation, in contrast to the 7
                  Soldiers, and thus I'd be more amenable to a new lineup that has
                  little linkage to the past.

                  Rich B.

                  > 2006/10/2, c_midnite <c_midnite@...>:
                  > >
                  > > I haven't received my 4 or 5 latest issues (getting
                  > > comics monthly through the mail these days), but I
                  > > would be happy to discuss once I see them.
                  > >
                  > > I am a little puzzled by the "earth-2" note though
                  > > Rich. I thought, to my disappointment, that everyone
                  > > was still on one earth following the last crisis. Am
                  > > I wrong?
                  > >
                  > > And a new Dr. Fate you say? I guess Hector was still
                  > > missing? There were a lot of books in that last
                  > > Crisis and I just couldn't keep up.
                  > >
                  > > Sean
                  > >

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > --
                  > Comic Verso: La Sinapsis Comiquera http://cverso.blogspot.com
                  (ACTUALIZADO!!!
                  > al 01/10/06 - Mutantes for Dummies: Genesis Mutante - Por Alberto
                  Calvo).
                  > Mi Blog: Ocio Crónico http://ociocronico.blogspot.com

                • Kristofer Theilen
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 3, 2006
                    Personally, I hope they do Damage justice.

                    As for the rest, I'd love to see Sand de-powered and turned into a modern day Sandman.  Also, I'd like a Dr. Fate that lasts more than 6 years.

                  • earth1redbee
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 4, 2006
                      Kristofer Theilen wrote

                      > As for the rest, I'd love to see Sand de-powered and
                      > turned into a modern day Sandman.

                      I'm okay with Sand as he is now, but I also wouldn't object to what
                      you suggest.

                      However, yesterday I learned about the new Sandman Mystery Theatre
                      mini that is due to start by the end of the year, and it features
                      someone new bearing Wesley's gas gun. I fear THAT is who we see on
                      the cover of JSA #1. I'd MUCH rather see Sand because of his Golden
                      Age connection, not to mention his connection to Wesley.

                      Rich B.
                    • jim_jsajim_beard
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 4, 2006
                        No worries as to this JSA "Sand Man": it's Sandy Hawkins.

                        Jim

                        --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, earth1redbee <no_reply@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Kristofer Theilen wrote
                        > >
                        > > As for the rest, I'd love to see Sand de-powered and
                        > > turned into a modern day Sandman.

                        > I'm okay with Sand as he is now, but I also wouldn't object to what
                        > you suggest.
                        >
                        > However, yesterday I learned about the new Sandman Mystery Theatre
                        > mini that is due to start by the end of the year, and it features
                        > someone new bearing Wesley's gas gun. I fear THAT is who we see on
                        > the cover of JSA #1. I'd MUCH rather see Sand because of his
                        Golden
                        > Age connection, not to mention his connection to Wesley.
                        >
                        > Rich B.

                      • earth1redbee
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                          > No worries as to this JSA "Sand Man": it's Sandy Hawkins.
                          >
                          > Jim

                          The only better news to me would've been that it's Wesley himself! (I
                          let my hopes get up in the recent Vandal Savage arc in JSA Classified.)

                          I'm very glad to know this two months before the issue surfaces.
                          Thanks, Jim!

                          Rich B.