Re: [The Justice Society] Re: BATMAN the 1960's movie

  • mark reznicek
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
      So-so?? Really??? I love Superman: The Animated Series, so I guess I disagree on that one.

      I also liked the Superman cartoon from 1988. It featured writing by Marv Wolfman and character designs by Gil Kane. I believe the animation was by Filmation, and for the time, wasn't half bad. Maybe it will see a DVD release when the new superman movie comes out this summer.

      Mark R
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
        Probably not.  I think at this point everything that's going to be released has been announced, and it's plenty:
        June 20 sees the release of Superman the Animated Series Volume 3, Lois & Clark Season 3, Adventures of Superman Seasons 3-4, Superboy Season 1, and a Krypto 55-minute episode.  These's also plans for an earlier Krypto release (the pilot, complete with stuffed animal) and a new direct to DVD Superman TAS movie.  Smaillville season 5  has been announced but no date yet (WB's DVD department is probably awaiting confirmation that there will be a season 6 so they can release it closer to the season premiere).  So maybe Superman 1988 will be released in time for the movie's own DVD release but almost for sure not for the big screen release.

        --Andy EN
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2006
          The Tim Daly cartoon from the 1990s was okay, but it wasn't overly
          unique, as it largely just seemed to mirror the more successful
          Batman cartoon.

          And yes, I know the Batman cartoon was modeled after the 1940s
          Fliescher cartoons of Superman.

          But there seemed to be something missing on the 1990s Superman.

          A 1988 Superman cartoon? I remember hearing about that. It was a
          Saturday morning effort, wasn't it?

          I never watched it.

          Now I got to go check it out.

          <markrez@...> wrote:
          I also liked the Superman cartoon from 1988. It featured writing by
          Marv Wolfman and character designs by Gil Kane. I believe the
          animation was by Filmation, and for the time, wasn't half bad. Maybe
          it will see a DVD release when the new superman movie comes out this
          summer.
        • keif simon
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2006
            i enjoyed the 88 superman cartoons.not bad for the
            time i belive wonder woman gueted on one episode and
            they did little shorts of clark as a child if i
            remeber correctly if you get a chance to ever see them
            it is worth it.

            --- "Richard J." <lightoller_ch@...> wrote:

            > The Tim Daly cartoon from the 1990s was okay, but it
            > wasn't overly
            > unique, as it largely just seemed to mirror the more
            > successful
            > Batman cartoon.
            >
            > And yes, I know the Batman cartoon was modeled after
            > the 1940s
            > Fliescher cartoons of Superman.
            >
            > But there seemed to be something missing on the
            > 1990s Superman.
            >
            > A 1988 Superman cartoon? I remember hearing about
            > that. It was a
            > Saturday morning effort, wasn't it?
            >
            > I never watched it.
            >
            > Now I got to go check it out.
            >
            > --- In thejusticesociety@yahoogroups.com, "mark
            > reznicek"
            > <markrez@...> wrote:
            > I also liked the Superman cartoon from 1988. It
            > featured writing by
            > Marv Wolfman and character designs by Gil Kane. I
            > believe the
            > animation was by Filmation, and for the time, wasn't
            > half bad. Maybe
            > it will see a DVD release when the new superman
            > movie comes out this
            > summer.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Cody Ensley
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 11, 2006
              Yeah, the '88 one was put out for the 50th anniversary of Superman.

              <markrez@...> wrote:
              I also liked the Superman cartoon from 1988. It featured writing by
              Marv Wolfman and character designs by Gil Kane. I believe the
              animation was by Filmation, and for the time, wasn't half bad. Maybe
              it will see a DVD release when the new superman movie comes out this
              summer.

              Let all power triumph and be mine in whatever I do!

              Yahoo! Mail