12903Brave and Bold

  • asvinr
    Jul 1, 2013
      Hello,

      I just had the opportunity to revisit 4 old Brave and the Bold stories concerning the Earth-2 Batman family. They appeared in 182, 184 187, 200. The author of the first 3 was Alan Brennert.

      The stories in 182 and 197 are really excellent tales. The first has E-1 Batman meet Robin and Batwoman of E-2. The characterizations and interpersonal intersctions are well done. The villian is a terribly crippled E-2 Hugo Strange. Starman makes a guest appearance.

      The tale in 197 is the love story between E-2 Batman and Catwoman. In the end, Bruce reveals his face to Selina. The villian is the Scarecrow. This story precedes the events in the old Mr. and Mrs Superman tale of the Wayne wedding, and fills out the events in the origin tale of Huntress in DC Superstars 17. It is very well done.

      Did Brennert write any other E-2 material? His stories are excellent and capture the essence to the old Earth-2 well.

      I'm curious if anyone knows what took place in Worlds Finest 271. Is that an E-2 tale? Brave and Bold 182 makes reference to it.

      If you get a chance to re-read these, i highly recommend them. The two I mention are everything an Earth-2 story should be IMO.

      William

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic