Re: [thejournal-users] Re: Another Palm request (and Hello from Malaysia)

    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2002
      FYI: I heard back from Natara. They provide the database format for
      DayNotez for external developers. So I'll block out some time in the near
      future to see what I can do.

      That provides a ray of hope/possibility for the Palm side of things,
      anyway.

      -David

      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2002
        Please don't forget the Pocket PC folks!

        Shannon Casey

        FYI: I heard back from Natara. They provide the database format for
        DayNotez for external developers. So I'll block out some time in the near
        future to see what I can do.

        That provides a ray of hope/possibility for the Palm side of things,
        anyway.

        -David

        On 4/30/2002 at 11:05 AM David Michael wrote:

        >I'll contact Natara and see what they have to say.
        >
        >-David

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Tim_Sally & Family!
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2003
          QUESTION

          Is there going to be a syncronization tool for the davidrm journal?

          I just purchased the Zire 71 palm device which takes pictures and
          notes ect. Would like to add pictures and my note entries to my
          Excellent Davidrm Journal.

          David you must be a very busy person just trying to keep up with all
          the new technology.

          It would be so convenient to to add entries and pictures to the
          journal from my daily notes on the Zire 71

          --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth S. Rhee"
          <polymath@m...> wrote:
          > There is actually an excellent journal program for Palm that also
          has a desktop interface (its own and also Outlook).

          > It's call daynotez, and I have found it to be excellent. I take a
          lot of note using my Palm during the day, and the program is handy.
          Since Journal doesn't provide the Palm solution, I had to go outside
          to find one, and I think this is an excellent alternative.

          > However, I would love to see a Palm version of Journal in the
          future so that I can streamline the usage.

        • journal@through.net
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2003
            I was just thinking about the Palm issue also and wondering where you are
            in your thinking, David.

            I myself don't need a lot of sophistication but would like to be able to at
            least read my journal on my Palm M-130. A lot of the stuff I journal is
            medical experience and the like and it would be cool to be able to upload
            it to the palm and have my records with me when I visit one of my docs.

            Another thought would be a lite journal for the palm which would allow
            simple entries to download back to the PC. This would allow most Palm users
            to take advantage of it and might expand your user base beyond adding
            capabilities that exist only on the latest PDA models.

            Not trying to shut Tim out here but I'd think a good start would be making
            a text version available that would work with many Palms would be the place
            to start.

            My tuppence FWIW.

            MF
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 1, 2003
              What's a Zire 71?

              (Obviously, I'm not keeping up as much as I should be... ;-) )

              I once swapped a couple emails with the DayNotez developer. I think
              it was them, anyway. Perhaps I should try that avenue again.

              "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
              stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we
              might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
              -- Earl Nightingale

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 1, 2003
                That's not far off what I have in mind, actually.

                However, it looks like our initial efforts will be targeting the
                PocketPC. The reason for starting there is simply one of resources
                available. Once we get something working for one PDA, making the
                shift to another won't be that big of a deal. Hopefully. =)

                -David

              • journal@through.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 1, 2003
                  Errr. Excuse me, and with all due respect, but ... boo hiss. :( Ah
                  well. There's always copy and paste to the notepad.

                  The Zire71 is one of the latest Palm PDAs by the way.

                  -MF

                  >That's not far off what I have in mind, actually.
                  >
                  >However, it looks like our initial efforts will be targeting the
                  >PocketPC. The reason for starting there is simply one of resources
                  >available. Once we get something working for one PDA, making the
                  >shift to another won't be that big of a deal. Hopefully. =)
                  >
                  >-David
                  >

                  >On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 17:53:25 -0400, journal@... wrote:
                  > >I was just thinking about the Palm issue also and wondering where
                  > >you are in your thinking, David.
                  > >
                  > >I myself don't need a lot of sophistication but would like to be
                  > >able to at least read my journal on my Palm M-130. A lot of the
                  > >stuff I journal is medical experience and the like and it would be
                  > >cool to be able to upload it to the palm and have my records with me
                  > >when I visit one of my docs.
                  > >
                  > >Another thought would be a lite journal for the palm which would
                  > >allow simple entries to download back to the PC. This would allow
                  > >most Palm users to take advantage of it and might expand your user
                  > >base beyond adding capabilities that exist only on the latest PDA
                  > >models.
                  > >
                  > >Not trying to shut Tim out here but I'd think a good start would be
                  > >making a text version available that would work with many Palms
                  > >would be the place to start.
                  > >
                  > >My tuppence FWIW.
                  > >
                  > >MF
                  > >

                  > >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------
                  > >~--> Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's
                  > >Important Questions.
                  > >http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/tt2olB/TM

                • Kenneth S. Rhee
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 1, 2003
                    Hello journal,

                    Sunday, June 1, 2003, 9:27:29 PM, you wrote:

                    >>However, it looks like our initial efforts will be targeting the
                    >>PocketPC. The reason for starting there is simply one of resources
                    >>available. Once we get something working for one PDA, making the
                    >>shift to another won't be that big of a deal. Hopefully. =)

                    I am not sure. MS always makes it difficult to do something (in this
                    case porting to Palm OS). Given Palm's share is so much higher than PocketPC, it might make sense to
                    do it from a marketing perspective. What might make sense technically
                    doesn't make it prudent in terms of marketing.

                    Although Daynotez has its own desktop interface, it might be
                    beneficial to pursue a joint project with the folks at Natara.

                    --
                    Best regards,
                    Kenneth mailto:polymath@...
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 1, 2003
                      Errr. Excuse me, and also with all due respect, but ... Yay! :-)

                      I have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised, considering the percentages.

                      Cheers,
                      Steve

                      At 06:27 PM 6/1/2003, your fingers spake thusly: