Re: [thejournal-users] Slow Loading

  • Remi Sun
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 24, 2002
      We have a 100BT network, though a lot of traffic on
      it.... All other apps on our network (both LAN and
      WAN) runs very efficiently. Accessing speed for file
      servers are very good as well. It seems to me is a
      program issue v.s. network... We are gonna try to see
      if it will run faster via Citrix... Any thoughts?!

      http://games.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 24, 2002
        Interesting. Thanks for the details.

        It could very well be the database software The Journal uses being
        inefficient somehow. I'll keep a note of this and see what can be done.

        -David

        >We have a 100BT network, though a lot of traffic on
        >it.... All other apps on our network (both LAN and
        >WAN) runs very efficiently. Accessing speed for file
        >servers are very good as well. It seems to me is a
        >program issue v.s. network... We are gonna try to see
        >if it will run faster via Citrix... Any thoughts?!
        >

        >--- Tom Plunket <journal@...> wrote:
        >> Remi Sun wrote:
        >>
        >> > I am testing out the program as well... it runs
        >> great
        >> > on a single PC, however, it runs very slow if the
        >> file
        >> > resides on the network server... Any advice?!
        >>
        >> I had good luck with this when version 3 was just
        >> yet a babe.
        >> However, you'll have significant issues if your
        >> network is slow
        >> and you have large amounts of data in your entries.
        >> Seemed to
        >> me, on a switched 100baseTX network that the
        >> response within a
        >> text-only database was really good.
        >>
        >> Can you provide any more info?
        >>
        >> -tom!

        "If we keep our pride/Though Paradise is lost
        We will pay the price/But we will not count the cost"
        ---Rush