Re: changing file name format

  • charmionphyllis
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
      Thanks for the info, and once again, thanks for your patience.

      --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, "quickjournal" <acops@...> wrote:

      > Sounds good. You have to delete the unwanted files from the dropbox folder and from the app. Inside the sync page there is a trash-icon. Click on it and all entries are gone. Then you can make a new import.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Oliver
      >
      > --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, "charmionphyllis" <charmionb@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I think I finally got it right :) I changed the format in the export preferences and everything is fine and working--thanks for your patience.
      > >
      > > One last question--How do I delete unwanted files. Do I just delete them from the dropbox folder? I have the memory grabber files on there that you had me use when diagnosing the problem and I'd like to get rid of them.
      > >
      > > Thanks again.
      > >
      > > --- In thejournal-users@yahoogroups.com, "quickjournal" <acops@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > The best way is to delete all files in the dropbox folder and than make a new export with "The Journal" and use the right export settings.
      > > >
      > > > Oliver

    • jim.mcgowan
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
        I would simply perform a batch rename. On my box I use Directory Opus in place of Windows Explorer but there are several other freeware apps that can do this just as easily. Here is a partial list of some I have used in the past:

        Renamer - http://www.den4b.com/?x=products&product=renamer

        Bulk Rename Utility - http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

        Both allow you to rename all files in a folder - or even based on a system-wide search.

        Jim